Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several months ago I was converted over from the older Minerva system to Media room or Optik. After a month or so and a few minor problems I was asked to reboot. After reboot I was asked to enter a registration code and I complied with the code I was given at the time of installation. Since then I have had no TV service due to some registration code conflict. Almost two months now without TV. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks in advance for any information.

·
Super Moderator
17,218 Posts
I've never heard of a registration error that couldn't be fixed for 2 months. Presumably when you contacted Telus, they would have sent a technician out if it couldn't be resolved over the phone. Did that happen?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Dave, since this has occurred there has been no technician to my home. I have talked with many different people in technical support, in loyalty and even one call to the corporate office here in Vancouver. There have been escalations to managers in service and in loyalty and I still don't have any answers so I thought I would try this forum as I had searched it earlier trying to find some information. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
17,218 Posts
The fact that you've got a registration code conflict sounds like you may have the same code entered in 2 different set-top-boxes or have entered the code incorrectly. What was Telus' diagnosis of the problem and what was the reason they wouldn't send out a tech?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem is not at the set box it is within Telus. A software problem I am told. In fact I just got off the phone with yet another Telus employee that was sure he could fix this and gave me a new registration code only to quickly call me back and tell me not to try it as there was in fact some further problem, that it was "stuck" and would not allow the registration change.

Thanks Dave for your help but my main reason for submitting was to find out if anyone else was having this problem and it appears not too many.

As I mentioned this is almost 2 months now and I have talked with many people about this so I won't bother with all of the details as it would be a lengthy explanation.

You might find it interesting though that the person I spoke to at the corporate office in Vancouver actually suggested I go to Shaw as he could not confrim if or when they might fix the problem.

Also when I said I was not going to Shaw and wanted to be kept informed of how this problem was being handled he regretted to inform me he would not be calling me back!

·
Registered
82 Posts
if you want, PM me the phone number and reg code..

at most, even with something stuck, 48 hours "should" be the absolute max

***telus employee, but my views are all my own***

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi and thanks for the offer but like yourself I have talked to a lot of great people at Telus who have indicated a similar message and have found out the issue in my case is not that simple.

I was hoping I would hear on the Forum some similar cases and learn as to whether or not any of these cases have been resolved and how long it took so I can decide if it is realistic for me to wait any longer.

I don't understand what the issue is and I don't know what to believe at this point.

I would like to know if the person in charge of Telus TV is aware of this problem and that there is someone like me patiently waiting 2 months to regain service. If I knew he or she was aware and they still could not get this fixed then I think I would have to move on.

Regards

·
Registered
82 Posts
thats kinda what i am telling you.

- no, you shouldnt be waiting any longer
- no, it isnt a common problem. who else goes 2 months with no service?
- without having at least a phone number to go on, i cant tell you what the issue is...

i totally 100% understand not wanting to give info to some misc guy claiming to work for telus.. if you dont want to, thats fine, but you should not, at all, be waiting anymore

****telus employee, but my views are all my own****

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PM Sent......Perhaps I am the only one that waits two months for service, however I have had this service for two years with the exception of the interruptions and I liked the service when it worked properly. I have never used Shaw and I don't plan to start if I can avoid it. Telus needs to fix this problem. After all they're still sending me bills.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I am still "stuck"! No TV since June 15th. If anyone else has had a similar experience with Telus TV I would like to hear from you as to how it was resolved and how long it took! Thanks in advance and I'll keep monitoring this post. I will let you know if this gets fixed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just going to take experience from working at shaw..(yes i know diff companies but hear me out.) Have you asked Telus to do a virtual close? So in other words asking them to remove all the hardware on your account, close your account and reinstate it from scratch with your equip. By taking all your services (phone tv inet if you have all three) Making the system think you have disconnected your service, now the codes are now void. Then they issue you new codes that wouldn't have any issues as your account number is different.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I suggested that to them very early on and again recently at least several times and as I am in a condo you would think this would be obvious but they say it will not fix the problem. It is elevated to their Topaz group what ever that is which puts it out of their hands locally. Now the Telus employee who asked me to PM him says they have closed my account on Friday. Actually I am telling you this as its what they are telling me, however I really don't know what to believe at this point. What conerns me most other than not having television for two months is whether or not anyone is really working on this at all.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Reading all of this makes me think it is in no way a run of the mill hardware/firmware/software type problem. If it were it would either be fixed or they would have quickly told you that they are unable to provide you TV service.

Are you in the witness protection program? Have you ever made death threats against the President of Telus? Have you ever successfully sued another major Telco for millions?

I am saying this tongue in cheek but that is what comes to mind when you outline the problem and the total lack of response you have received. Everyone else on this forum complains that they ask Telus when they can get Optik TV or when they will get a better profile and Telus always errs on the cautious side and just says it is unavailable. So I have no idea what on earth the problem could be with providing you service considering that they haven't just said we can't do it and thanks for considering Telus.

*Telus Employee*

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
AudioVideo, it would appear you have the patience of a saint.

After 48 hours, I'd have been on the phone complaining and every 24 hours after that. Barring a major catastrophe, there is absolutely no reason why you should be without TV for more than 24 hours without a detailed explanation from your provider.

Honestly, its hard to believe this story. If true, it would rank as one of the most horrific cable/sat/iptv stories posted on DH over the years.

You might find it interesting though that the person I spoke to at the corporate office in Vancouver actually suggested I go to Shaw as he could not confrim if or when they might fix the problem.
If true, then I think Telus should fire that employee. I just cannot believe a Telus customer service person would recommend you switch your business to Shaw!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I tried twice to reply with details but each time I was asked to log in and my lengthy post was lost each time. Maybe I will try again when I have more time. Does it time out?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Write your email in a word processor so you can save it. Once you have it fine tuned, copy & paste it into your email so you don't lose it each time.

·
Super Moderator
56,566 Posts
Whenever you wish to create a long post, do it in a word/text processor and then copy to the forum. If you don't remain active (typing is not "activity") you will time out, unless say you click "go advanced" or preview or something that actually does something on the forum.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Firstly Hugh thanks for you Post. When I first joined this forum and posted my problem and question, I did'nt think for a second that I would be defending my honesty! However after a PM with Dr. Dave I understand you have your reasons and I accept that.

If you read my posts I did as you suggested you would do and called every level of service and loyalty every other day for 6 weeks including a call to the corporate office in Vancouver which you quoted in your post.

It did not bother me that he recommended I switch to Shaw as much as it did when (as I said in the next line of that same post you quoted) I told him I was not going to Shaw and wanted to be kept informed as to how the problem was being handled and he "regretted to inform me he would not be calling me back".

Well I may have been "Saintly" up until then but that was it for me!

I agree with you on what should happen to this employee, but let me point out with all due respect to all the great Telus customer service people, that he was not just a customer service person. He was an Excecutive Client Relations advisor.

More to follow:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts