Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, long story short, I don't have physical access to Shaw satellite receivers, but have some hosted for me at a data center, hooked up to capture cards.

I'm trying to capture, among others, two French channels:
701 SRC Moncton
726 V Sherbrooke

What my data centre folks are telling me is that the Shaw boxes are correctly tuned to 701 and 726, but I'm seeing English language programming, I think from CFJC and CJDC, respectively.

Is it possible that Shaw is carrying the wrong signals on those two channels? Or have I or my data centre folks made some sort of mistake?

Thanks very much for any help!

·
Super Moderator
4,480 Posts
Or is your box not switching to the correct Bird in the air?

Do you see NFL Network on 421?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Both 701 and 726 are in my programming package. I have just confirmed that they are, indeed, carrying SRC Moncton, and V-Sherbrooke, respectively, as advertised.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm a satellite novice - I didn't know about the dual birds.

Lyngsat's listings for Anik F1R and F2 show that 701 and 726 are on the same Freq, Tp and SID's as the incorrect channels I'm seeing.

So I guess I just need the data centre guys to get on the roof, and repoint the dish until it can get F2.

Thanks very much to you both!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Do you know what model the receiver is? There is a bug with the 630 (and I assume the 605) where the guide gets messed up, and can cause what you are experiencing.

If you aren't getting F2 signals, you shouldn't be getting a picture on those channels you mention. (I don't think so anyway)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know the model, but they are fairly old, SD boxes.

FWIW, the issue isn't with the guide program listings. When we tune the box to 701 or 726, we see video & audio from another channel.

·
Registered
528 Posts
iirc, if your receiver isn't sending tone to switch from F1 to F2, you will get duplicate F1 channels on some that are supposed to be on F2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts