Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
Interesting. The press release certainly makes it sound good for everyone, but I wonder if there are any former TBayTel users who previously left for Rogers due to a dispute who would be upset by this.

Will this affect contract status for those being transitioned?

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As per the FAQ

Q. WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO MY CONTRACT WITH ROGERS?
A. Your current contract with Rogers will be honoured by TBayTel according to its terms and conditions.

Q. WILL MY CURRENT PROMOTIONS AND DISCOUNTS BE TRANSFERRED TO MY TBAYTEL ACCOUNT?
A. Your current promotions and discounts you have with Rogers (if applicable to you) will end on the effective date of transfer.

TBayTel will offer you new plans and has made every effort to match your current Rogers plan and price. Plan details and options will be provided to you and have been tailored to suit your needs.

New 3G HSPA competitive plans have been developed and will be available to you when you upgrade to a 3G HSPA device with TBayTel.
http://tbaytel.net/rogers/rogersfaq.shtml

·
Registered
83 Posts
It's not all Rogers Wireless subscribers; Prepaid customers are not affected by this.

From the FAQ:
Q. I am a current prepaid customer. Will I be switched over to TBayTel?
A. No, Prepaid customers are not being switched over at this time.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Looks like Tbaytel is buying all the DMTS wireless customers too. They just made an offer but it has to be approved by Dryden city council

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
As of December 15th, Bell Mobility will cease offering service to customers in Northwestern Ontario except for the Highway 17 corridor. I am guessing, but with TBayTel buying DMTS and their partnership with Rogers has left Bell without a partner. I would assume that they don't see an economic benefit to expanding their network beyond corridor service.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
They will still offer service in Thunder Bay and towns along Hwy 17 but not areas off the 17 corridor. I will need to go with Rogers for service in Red Lake

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Bell waived the $600 early termination fee so I was able to port out my number and sign up with Rogers. At least I'll have service where I need it.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
As of December 15th, Bell Mobility will cease offering service to customers in Northwestern Ontario except for the Highway 17 corridor.
I have often thought, going back to the analog days, that Rogers & Bell and now Telus, should share a network in remote areas, to keep the costs down. Wind, Mobilicity and Videotron could do the same to improve their coverage area too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts