Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, all of my even transponders on nimiq 82 have 96-99% signal strength, however all of my odd transponders are zero.

They have been working fine until a couple days ago.

Does anyone have any idea whats happening? Is it a hardware issue? dish pointing? Bell related problem?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
620 Posts
It's not a dish pointing problem. It could be your receiver, your cables, your LNB or your switch. If you have another receiver, is it acting the same way? Is it happening on both satellites? What kind of equipment do you have?
Post some more info and probably some one will help.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Nimiq USA, it is NOT an 8PSK issue at all, you are correct that an SD box cannot see all the Transponders on 82 but it is not as simple as it being just odd ones that are MPEG4, I think there are at least 4 or 5 on 82 that are QPSK.

weighter, which model receiver how many other receivers, what type of switch do you have. Have you added a receiver lately, or changed any wiring.

If this just happened, I would be looking initially at Cable/Connectors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys!

Its a self-install, with my old dish/lnb from a few years back. My LNB is connected directly to my reciever via a 50ft Coax.

I have a 6131 HD reciever, no switch ( I only want HD sports / HBO so dont really care that Im only getting Nimiq 82)

I was getting 96% signal and all channels until a couple days ago. It started while watching Entourage, there was interference, but perfect weather outside. Today the transponders 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15 etc all have 0% signal, and anytime I select a channel on one of those transponders i get the searching for signal screen.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I agree, sounds like cables. Make extra effort to check all the leads (F-connectors - google it if you do not know what I mean) at the end of the cables to ensure they are tight and not wet. Are the F-connectors the indoor type or water-resistant crimped kind? Have you had any rain lately?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Hopefully the LNBF has another output, so might be worth swaping the RG6 over to that.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had an issue similar to this a couple of years ago, and it was a bad LNB.
Try switching your cables at the LNB (if it's accessible) to see if the same transponders are down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts