Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Pace DC550D HD Receiver, a Motorola DCT2000 Receiver and recently a Pace DC50Xu Digital Adapter.
I have been able to watch HD TV using the HD receiver and record channels 2-76 (basic analog cable) on my DVD recorder simultaneously without a problem. I want to continue doing this and Cogeco has provided the new digital adapter that seemed to fit the bill.
I connected the digital adapter to my DVD recorder (so that chan. 2-76 will still be available after the digital change-over) and am still using my HD receiver on my HD TV. These devices are, of course, in the same room. I have now discovered that the Remote Controls for both the digital adapter and the HD receiver use the same frequency. So when I change channels on the HD receiver to a number below 76 un-knowingly I am changing the channel on the digital adapter. Result - whatever I set to record on the DVD recorder gets changed when I watch a channel between 2 and 76 on the HD TV.
I tried using the Motorola DCT2000 receiver with the DVD Recorder - same result. All these receivers are controlled by any one of these remote control units.
Is there any way to make these signals different (unique)?

·
Super Moderator
56,860 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.
I tried the low-tech method and that worked - I used a small opaque piece of cardboard to block the IR sensor after setting my recorder. This way I do not accidentally change the channel.
Ideally, I think a DVR would be a better solution, but Cogeco's 2-tuner receiver is pathetic and the cost is ridiculous. AT&T in the US offers a 4-tuner DVR and I am sure the cost is much less than Cogeco, but as always we pay top dollar for yesterday's technology under CRTC sponsored monopoly..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same problem. I have two TVs in the same room one is on earphones.First I cut two pieces of plywood big enough to cover the front of the two receivers.We used a stick with an L on the end to lay one plywood down while the other was up to change channels. Slow going. Next I lined up the blue light that would blink when I changed channels, drilled a hole and inserted a tiny funnel from the dollar store in each plywood. Now we can both surf at will. One does not interfere with the other. Take a look at the enclosed photo. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
56,860 Posts
You can upload photos to a photo sharing website like ImageShack or similar. Then copy the URL of the photo into your post here. You can add image tags so that it shows in the post, or simply post the link for people to click.

There's also our forum, however, I honestly can't remember if a certain number of posts are required first to use it - you may not be able to use it as a rookie.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=92167

1 - 5 of 5 Posts