Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am surprised nobody is talking about the fact that new seasons of Alias and 24 are starting next week. Does anybody out there watch these shows? If so, which one do you like better? 24 will be in HD instead of FOX's old Extended Def (really just 480p) for the first time and I can't wait.

·
Registered
240 Posts
My wife and I watch both. I like both though they're very different from each other. Good to here about the HD.
Can't wait!!

·
Super Moderator
56,507 Posts
I'm not sure, but I believe that 24 was shot in HD (perhaps not all seasons), so that reruns can be HD instead of EDTV...

·
Registered
7 Posts
After watching a few repeats of Lost in HD and DD5.1 it really does add to the show. With Alias in HD and DD5.1 aswell, I am extremely excited to see what that does for one of the favourite shows.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Last year I didn't want to get hooked into watching another weekly series, so I taped 24 for the whole season of, like 24 episodes.
The 12 tapes, of 2 episodes/per, are still waiting for me to watch them.
I guess Keifer just isn't as attractive as Jennifer!
Guess I will have to quickly make up my mind about this year.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ya, I'm kind of torn about 24. Up to now I have watched all 3 seasons on DVD, I can't fathom having to wait week-to-week, and watch w/ commercials too!

·
Registered
16 Posts
My wife and I love watching Alias, we thought we would be using a HD-PVR from *choice for the new season. Should we give in and buy the DSR500 for HD?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
"Alias" is still by favorite show. HD and great DD5.1 sound.

They deliberately started the season late so that there will be NO REPEATS right through to the season finale. All new EVERY week!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Rooster said:
My wife and I love watching Alias, we thought we would be using a HD-PVR from *choice for the new season. Should we give in and buy the DSR500 for HD?
DSR530 is at least half a year, maybe more ,away.( and will retail on beginning for at least 800 $. DSR500 retails for 299-350 $ now. Your choice.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
24 is one of the best shows on television. It is refreshing to watch.

It is true that it is frustrating to wait from week to week but that is the price that must be paid.

I would rather watch it in HD than wait for the DVD version.

On an aside, does anybody know what time 24 will be playing normally?

It has been on Tuesdays in the past but the four hour premier is spanned over Sunday/Monday nights.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Proteosome said:
It has been on Tuesdays in the past but the four hour premier is spanned over Sunday/Monday nights.
This season's 24 will be on Monday nights. Sweet!!! I hated the Tuesday night slot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great to read that you guys love Alias too! I am such a fan of the show.. been watching it since the very first episode aired. I also have the DVDs for all 3 seasons!

Got a new DVD recorder just in the nick of time.. Season 4 here we come! I heard it's gonna be awesome!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that Shaw will show us 24 in HD. I've already seen Arrested Development in HD along with a few other HD movies both from Fox.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Don't even go there pcouture!!!

I for one will be very angry (and surprised) if we don't get it in HD now that they are adding Fox content to HDTV1.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
As I've said several times before, I hope I'm wrong, but just as anything Shaw does, I will believe it when I see it. No amount of advance word or scoop or promises will convince me of anything anymore with Shaw. Been disappointed way too many times so I prefer to proceed with skepticism or.. should I call it conservative optimism?

Let's just say I don't get my hopes up anymore or I don't hold my breath any longer, or... (insert your own cliche here) :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
hehehe... damn you Shaw!

I just picked up season 3 of 24 on DVD... working on getting through it so I am fresh with Jack and all of his crazy situations.

I was in Jack withdrawal, you know gettin' the shakes and everything!

Looking forward to the new season,

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
OK...I need a favor...big time...

I...like many Canadians was watching the World Juniors crush the Russians and as Don Cherry would say...drank a few pops, the night prior to the premier of Alias.

So...I had to watch Lost, West Wing and L&O and decided to catch Alias on the Western feed.

Well...I fell asleep watching it...and missed the last half hour...yikes

What happened...and if you don't want to spoil it for those that have it recorded...someone please pm me...

Thanks in advance...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts