Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this sounds odd, but I had Aliant land line and high speed internet service for less than 24 hours. (Problems at the house I was renting but that is a different story). Was told by a CSR that although I was in a bundle and the fine print states a minimum contract period and cancellation of 30 days, he would waive the full 30 day charge since it was less than 24 hours. Well what a surprise to get the bill and see that everything was charged. Spoke with another CSR who stated that I have to pay for the full month and I would be billed another $60 for not returning the modem (the same modem that I requested a mail bag for the day I cancelled the service for which I have yet to receive.) I hate Bell but I had no choice since it was the only provider at that location in rural PEI. She said she would waive the $60 fee since I didn't receive the bag but I must pay for a full month's service and that all conversations are recorded. (Which I doubt very much) I would love to hear the first CSR conversation in which he stated that I wouldn't be billed for an entire month. Anybody else have a similar predicament?

·
Registered
15 Posts
According to Bell Aliant's terms of service, they give you 30 days to cancel without penalty.

18. Where the Customer purchases the Service at a contract rate for a Contract Period, and chooses to cancel their service prior to the end of the Contract Period, the Customer will be charged an early termination fee of $99, which is not a penalty but rather an estimate of anticipated damages which Bell Aliant would likely suffer as a result of early termination. This early termination fee will be waived where the cancellation occurs within the first 30 days of Service, or as otherwise determined by Bell Aliant in its sole discretion.
You might reference that. However, it's basically up to them, so appeal to their compassion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts