Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm looking for an Alarm.com - based monitoring service for my 2Gig GC2 panel. I'm currently with ADT and looking to switch away due to high prices and DIY-unfriendly practices. Any suggestions for a Canadian-based Alarm.com partner that provides monitoring for self-installed / DYI systems?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
It would help to provide your location/city. I have Alarm.com for both a monitored panel and self-installed (DYI) components (which used to be on a z-wave automation device before-hand) and it configured by a local installer who only works in my area in Alberta. So the recommendations you are wanting are going to be location/geographic specific.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I should indeed have specified my location. I'm in Montreal, Quebec.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
It would be better if you consult professional mobile patrol services in Edmonton or whichever city you are living in. Not just patrol services, they have expertise in monitoring 2gig gc2 panels and other home security services also. It’s securing our home we are talking about, hence you should not risk your chances by availing services from semi-professional agencies. The professional ones will have a properly structured DIY system that can be customized with your needs. Consult them and you will get an enhanced idea about your problem. Hope it gets better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts