Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pioneer announced 4 new receivers today. Pioneer VSX-521, VSX-821, VSX-921 and VSX-1021. See this thread for more details on them.

In addition, they announced two new iOS apps which work in conjunction. Not sure if any of these apps work on older models.

Air Jam – Used in conjunction with the VSX-1021 receiver and AS-BT200 Bluetooth adapter (sold separately), Air Jam lets you pair up to four devices via Bluetooth. Once connected, each user can cue songs from their music libraries to create a collective playlist to play back on their A/V Receiver. Each connected device will display the list of songs added by all users and the device each song will play from.

iControlAV2 – The app enables control of volume, bass, balance and room settings and is further enhanced when used with an iPad, integrating all four app controls into a single screen. Additional features include a graphic representation of before and after MCACC room calibration, and sound adjustments that enable users to create their own equalizer settings with a simple “touch and draw” on the screen. The iControlAV2 App also includes Blu-ray player control when connected to a compatible Pioneer Blu-ray player.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the new apps will work with the older models.

I never could get the original app to work with my 1020... I always got a network error and could never find a fix that worked online. :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts