Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First up I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 5 and Remiere Elements 3.0

I want to install them on my new Vista machine. I checked the adobe site and learned that there are some patches for Vista so I downloaded them both.

Now I'm trying to install Premiere Elements to Vista and the install appears to be stuck at somewhere around 80% for over 40 minutes now. I check task Manager and Windows Installer is using 50% of CPU and it says in the applications window that it is still running.

Anybody tried these programs on Vista yet?

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Interesting after an hour of going nowhere, I canceled the install.

The result was nothing. I decided to kill the application in Task Manager. This did nothing so I killed the Windows Installer process.

Vista thought about it for a while and then came up telling me that Vista had closed the installer because of DEP??

Anyway, I rebooted my PC and low and behold, on my destop was an icon for Elements. I clicked on it and the application started. I shut it down and then applied the elements patch.

I rebooted and it seems to work. - Go figure.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have had similar behavior when copying large files from one drive to another. I have had the progress bar freeze around 75%, It will stay at that for approx 10 minutes, I then cancel the copy but low and behold the file copy worked.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to try Photoshop Elements 5.0 next but I'm a bit worried it will screw something up!

·
Banned
6,296 Posts
I had a problem installing HP photo software on XP. It tried to install a keyboard driver that was incompatible. It might be worth doing a 'custom' installation and disabling any components that look like drivers or components that may be incompatible with Vista. Then try installing the patch.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was able to get both versions working and patched!

Still don't know what happened with Elements.

·
Registered
608 Posts
You should have stuck with your original idea Hugh !!!! Getting a Mac LOLOLOL

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
England, please read post #1 and you'll see I downloaded both patches and still had problems installing.

·
Banned
308 Posts
Hugh...I had the same problem at first where it hanged everytime, but after the patches were installed/updates were installed, it eradicated the problem. Mine is a 32 bit vista though, if that makes any difference

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.