Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I was able to make changes to my channel selection through the Videotron website whereby I could swap channels (a la carte) or add new ones however I could never delete any channels. And then one day I lost the ability. I tried also by accessing my account through my setup box but no luck trying to change/add channels there either. Now I have to do this by calling Videotron. I asked them several times but they are not able to help me. Can anyone here still change/add channels via their website or their setup box?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Are you on a contract? Their application is too stupid to check if you are still meeting your terms of the contract and won't let you change the channels online. I complained to them a while back and now they have a nonsense statement on the error.

·
Banned
145 Posts
I have only had Videotron cable for 4 months. I have the pick and pay 20 channels package. When I tried to make a change thru the set top box after the first month, I could not. Contract issue error. Called Videotron and had the changes made. I mentioned to the tech that I was not able to make the changes myself. He mumbled something and said it should be okay from now on. Tried a month later and was able to add the west US channels, remove discovery HD and change a couple more with no issues. My next bill reflected all the changes accurately as well. So, yes it works for me. Never tried the website though, never knew you could.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will call again and see if I can clear this up, I love being able to swap channels online with having to tcall and talk to someone...

Thanks/Merci!

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is the error I get:

You actually benefit from a more favorable offer. If you wish to put an end to it, please contact our customer service department. You cannot complete this modification online.

In other words, we have no clue how to write proper software so you can't do this because you are on contract.

Are you getting this message?

·
Registered
37 Posts
It's not a contract thing.

The message means that you benefit from a package or combination of channels that is no longer available. Basically, your current subscription is grandfathered and you can not modify it online.

It happened to me once a few years ago when they decided that to subscribe to MoviePix, you absolutely had to subscribe to MuchMusic/MuchMoreMusic/... I already had MoviePix but did not want the music stuff. Any modification I tried to make online was rejected because of this with pretty much the same message you have.

Hope this can help.

·
Super Moderator
56,440 Posts
It sounds like anyone who doesn't have a grandfathered package that's no longer available should be able to make changes online or on the STB. Anyone with a grandfathered package cannot, unless perhaps the change doesn't affect the package - ie, if you have a "pick 10" channels and you change one acceptable channel for another, it should work, whereas if you pick a channel that would affect your grandfathered package, you cannot...?

Of course it's possible that any grandfathered package simply gets the error message.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Any grandfathered package gets the error message. I have FOX and CITY (SD and HD) grand-fathered and since then I can't change anything from my Illico and from the website.

I also got TSN HD and Sportsnet HD grandfathered after that and of course it still does not work on my Illico for my channels swapping.

You need to call Videotron to change the channels; no big deal, there is no wait usually on the phone, and I change channels only 2-3 times a year...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In my case I have always had basic, 20 channels a la carte and HD, and if I choose either Choose/modify a package or Add the Custom Package channels in the website I get the following message:

To complete this transaction, please contact our customer service department. (ref. 275)

·
Registered
17 Posts
The message

To complete this transaction, please contact our customer service department. (ref. 275)
is the message when I had a grandfathered package. However, the new message appeared after I was put on a 1 year contract without any changes to my package.

Here's the response from Videotron's customer service

Thank you for having taken the time to write to us.

Sadly you will have to communicate by telephone with our customer service
department. Our representatives are available from Monday through Friday
from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. and on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.

The offer you accepted being the 1st and 12th month free on your television
is blocking you the access to make the change yourself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts