Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I would like to know how to add apps to my Optik TV. I would also like to know if its possible to ad an internet search function. in saying that right now my optik TV is connected using an ethernet cable to the Telus box. so to use my smart TV do I need to buy a ethernet switch and run one cable to the telus box and one directly to the smart TV? (for internet search function)

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
You can't add apps to Optik TV - Telus is the only one who has control over what apps they push through.

As for connecting your smart TV, you can use Wi-Fi or Ethernet (assuming your smart TV has Wi-Fi, which pretty much any set manufactured in the past few years does). For Ethernet, you'd need a separate cable from your router.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks but pain in the ass part is when the internet cable that runs to my tv is now connected to my optik tv box I have to add a splitter somehow to truly use my tv as a smart tv like I used to before Optik TV

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
you can't use a splitter on ethernet, you CAN run another ethernet cable or connect the smart tv via wifi

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
check first if your smart tv supports wi-fi, if it does, save your money you wont need the ethernet switch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts