Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:

I currently have 2 lines coming in off of a SW44 switch providing me with HD and non-HD programming to my basement (line 1) and to my main floor (line 2). Is here some way I can add a third receiver without having to bring another line into the house. Can do something with one of the lines to switch or split out to one more line (even if its non-HD)?

Thanks.:)

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
No. You need to bring a 4th line in from the SW44.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well,
Four years ago, I had 2 receivers connected, 1 HD PVR (9200) and 1 SD PVR (5800) and this year I wanted to add another HD (9241) elsewhere in the house. I checked with Bell then ordered a 9241. The tech came the next day and rewired my SW44 by adding another SW44 to it using an Aspen s-2140-ce switch. Total time less than one hour, no extra lines and cost $70, including parts. Can't beat that, especially from Bell.
btw: If you complain enough about being an established customer etc, you can get a 9241 for $250 (new customer price) instead of $500.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Sorry you had to have extra lines run unless they already existed. You had 3 Tuners now you have 5.

If you scrapped the 5800 he could have used a DPP LNBF and only used 2 of the existing lines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts