Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that is what I gathered at this point...hopefully it will eventually trickle down as I've recently switched my main PC over from HPNA-->MoCA 2.0 on coax network which is much faster especially NAS file transfers.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I upgraded to Internet 50. Technician came and replaced my T1000H with a T3200M yesterday. He installed a MoCA box ECB6200 at my PVR to convert MoCA signal to Cat5.
After modem replacement, my Cat5 cable to the basement was not working properly. He installed another MoCA box at the basement HD box. After he left, I was able to get my Cat5 cable working again. Now, I have a spare MoCA box.

The MoCA box has a coax output to TV/STB and a Cat5 output. My technician used the Cat5 output for my PVR.
Why he did not use the coax output? If the coax output is only for MoCA device, this may be the reason why.

Now, I have spare MoCA box after fixing the Cat5 cable to the basement TV. I can have Cat5 output for any room with a coax outlet. My NAS is already connected directly to my T3200M. Is there any advantage in connecting my NAS to my spare MoCA box instead of connecting to the T3200M?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts