Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished installing the Acer Revo 3700 into my home system. The unit works flawlessly allthough getting the wireless keyboard and mouse working was a challenge. For some reason instructions are not included or available on their website. But thankfully the internet exists and the answer was found........the minature dongle is hidden inside the mouse.....once inserted into a port on the unit it worked like a charm. Won't go into details of the computer but specs are available on-line. Still remain amazed at how much can go into such a small package and work efficiently. The internet never looked better on a 60 inch screen.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The playing time is over and the unit functions as it should. Did take a long time to update Windows 7 and getting used to the desktop display as our other computers have Vista. Had some difficulty with the wireless connection as a concrete wall slowed down the reception but moved the unit a couple of inches and it was fine. Streaming video looks great but have found that Netflix has better quality through the app on the television rather than through the computer. Not sure why.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Thanks for the post and the update. Sounds like a great little device.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure if I can say where but they are available at an electronics store that has an animal ...in its name. (also on the companies website) Two models are available with the latest the best.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got mine at staples... you can pick them up at best buy and FS sometimes as well.

I love mine, you should install XBMC! Amazing stuff you can do with this thing... I have my library on my main PC which is connected via LAN (not wifi). I have my main PC configured to update the library on my revo automatically once a new show has been added to a directory. I also have a shared library (mysql) so the xbmc I have installed on my laptop knows what show's have been watched and where I've paused/stopped others and resumes from that spot :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Not sure if I can say where but they are available at an electronics store that has an animal ...in its name. (also on the companies website) Two models are available with the latest the best.
If you mean Tigerdirect, they don't list the Revo anymore. But I did find couple of online places that are listed on Acer's website. Thanks.

I love mine, you should install XBMC! Amazing stuff you can do with this thing... I have my library on my main PC which is connected via LAN (not wifi). I have my main PC configured to update the library on my revo automatically once a new show has been added to a directory. I also have a shared library (mysql) so the xbmc I have installed on my laptop knows what show's have been watched and where I've paused/stopped others and resumes from that spot :)
This is exactly the setup I'm thinking of having. Good to hear it works well for you.

·
Registered
138 Posts
What kind of HD files are you playing? My 3610 (with 4GB RAM) has been able to handle everything I've thrown at it, right up to full 1080p. It works best when the files are on a local drive, as opposed to on a NAS, which is why I bought an 1TB eSata drive for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts