Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Season 18 of Grey’s Anatomy returns to ABC on February 24 in a crossover event with Station 19. Grey’s Anatomy has been renewed for Season 19 with star Ellen Pompeo returning as Meredith Grey. A final decision whether Season 19 of Grey’s Anatomy would be last will be made later this year. It’s conceivable to think that ABC would be eyeing a big anniversary twentieth season celebrating the seminal drama. (Deadline)

ABC has confirmed Station 19 also has been picked up for its sixth season. (Deadline)

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Season 18 of Grey’s Anatomy returns to ABC on February 24 in a crossover event with Station 19. Grey’s Anatomy has been renewed for Season 19 with star Ellen Pompeo returning as Meredith Grey. A final decision whether Season 19 of Grey’s Anatomy would be last will be made later this year. It’s conceivable to think that ABC would be eyeing a big anniversary twentieth season celebrating the seminal drama. (Deadline)

ABC has confirmed Station 19 also has been picked up for its sixth season. (Deadline)
I like Station 19. I loath Grey's Anatomy. These crossovers make me very unhappy as I have to waste an hour watching a programme I don't like just to see how the story plays out. (Just letting TPTB know how I feel about yet another crossover of these two series. It's too much).

·
Registered
10,438 Posts
I agree. The whole point of crossover episodes between shows is to increase viewership on both shows. The crossover is sometimes so tenuous that, despite the hype, one or both
can be watched on its own. I feel the same way about the TV show advertising that is so common on most networks these days. Most of the time it's about a show I already tried watching and I don't like or would never watch due to genre. Just can the ads and crossovers (unless it's for something relevant like introducing a spinoff) and give us more watchable TV shows.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
To Tell the Truth returns Tuesday, February 22 at 10 PM ET. (Source)

----

Deadline reported that Pooch Perfect has been canceled after one season. Separately, ABC has no plans to make further episodes of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, however, leaving the door open for it to return in the future.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Maggie is moving from ABC to Hulu, given a lack of comedy timeslots left. It will be released on Disney+ "in all other markets". (Deadline)

In Canada, it was announced as a midseason show for CTV. CTV.ca still has a page up for the show indicating "coming 2022".

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
A Million Little Things returns for the second half of its fourth season on Wednesday, February 23 at 10 p.m. and Big Sky is back for Season 2B on Thursday, February 24 at 10 p.m. (Deadline)

----

In recognition of Black History Month, ABC News presents two primetime specials on Thursday, Feb. 3. See the press release for additional network-wide coverage beginning Tuesday, Feb. 1 on ABC.

Soul of a Nation Presents: Screen Queens Rising airs at 8 PM ET.
Soul of a Nation Presents: X / o n e r a t e d – The Murder of Malcolm X and 55 Years to Justice airs at 9 PM ET.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Summer of Soul (...Or, When the Revolution Could Not Be Televised) will make its broadcast television premiere on ABC on SUNDAY, FEB. 20 (8:00-10:31 p.m. EST) to promote its chance to win an Oscar. The documentary by Ahmir "Questlove" Thompson has won 46 awards and an additional 43 nominations to date. (Source)

·
Registered
10,438 Posts
We watched it on Apple+ some time ago. It's billed as the "Black Woodstock" by some due to it being held about the same time but it's not quite the same scale. It's worth a watch for fans of 60s R&B.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
ABC is pulling Promised Land off the schedule after four low-rated airings. The freshman drama will have one last outing in the Monday 10 PM time slot next week, before moving to Hulu starting with Episode 106, which will be available on the platform March 1. Promised Land will remain in production and will deliver all 10 episodes, as originally ordered. They will be released on Hulu every Tuesday. All episodes that have already aired on ABC are also available on Hulu.

The Good Doctor will return to its Monday 10 PM timeslot on February 28. (Deadline)

Promised Land is owned by Disney through ABC Signature, so it could be relocated to DIsney+ in Canada, but isn't there currently. It's amazing how many of these early cancelations the Canadian networks manage to avoid.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
ABC will air a new one-hour special, Step Into... The Movies with Derek and Julianne Hough, on Sunday, March 20 at 10 PM ET, in advance of the 94th Oscars airing on March 27 at 8 p.m. ET. (Source)

·
Registered
47 Posts
ABC is pulling Promised Land off the schedule after four low-rated airings. The freshman drama will have one last outing in the Monday 10 PM time slot next week, before moving to Hulu starting with Episode 106, which will be available on the platform March 1. Promised Land will remain in production and will deliver all 10 episodes, as originally ordered. They will be released on Hulu every Tuesday. All episodes that have already aired on ABC are also available on Hulu.

The Good Doctor will return to its Monday 10 PM timeslot on February 28. (Deadline)

Promised Land is owned by Disney through ABC Signature, so it could be relocated to DIsney+ in Canada, but isn't there currently. It's amazing how many of these early cancelations the Canadian networks manage to avoid.
Promised Land will drop on Disney+ in Canada on March 2. (Source)

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
ABC announced unscripted programming premiering Tuesday, May 3. Additional summer premiere dates will be announced at a later date.

8:00 p.m. Holey Moley Season 4
9:00 p.m. The Chase New Season
10:00 p.m. Who Do You Believe? New Series

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
The three-hour ABC broadcast of On The Red Carpet Live! Countdown to the Oscars(R) airs Sunday, March 27, at 1:00-4:00 p.m. EDT/10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. PDT. GMA 3: What You Need To Know broadcasts from Los Angeles on Friday, March 25, and Monday, March 28. (Source)

The 90-minute special, The Oscars Red Carpet Show will air at 6:30 p.m. EDT/3:30 p.m. PDT on ABC. The 94th Oscars will be held on Sunday, March 27, 2022, at the Dolby(R) Theatre at Ovation Hollywood and will be televised live on ABC at 8 p.m. EDT/5 p.m. PDT. (Source) Remember to add extra time if you plan to record the show.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts