Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
That's a weak answer. Fight for what's right. Small claims court will side with a reasonable complainant.
Pay it first then go to small claims court. If you don't pay it on principle it'll still go to collections and ruin your credit. You may be able to get it amended IF you win your case but many times the amending doesn't go through all that correctly.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Credit check and writing to your credit report are two different things.
Rogers Wireless does report to the credit agency but I think they are the only provider that does. A collection agency always does so once it goes to one of them it'll be on your credit bureau.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Well they don't have to honor the contract if it was a mistake no matter what the salesmen said.

The reason they are asking you to cancel is because they would rather you pay them the 40 every month then go elsewhere.

But you definitely should not be paying the 40 some odd for each month you've had for the service from before the first time they offered to cancel the contract for free.

After that first offer to cancel you knew that the price per month was 40 and cannot claim anything different.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
If you have a "thick" credit file then any reporting from utility companies, etc. have little/no impact upon your credit score.

If you have a "thin" file then the impact is much more.

Companies like to threaten you with comments about damaging your credit. I always chuckle when this happens.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Pay it first then go to small claims court. If you don't pay it on principle it'll still go to collections and ruin your credit. You may be able to get it amended IF you win your case but many times the amending doesn't go through all that correctly.
That's a good idea, however, I worked as a IT contractor, I don't have time to go to court.

thanks.

peter

·
Registered
312 Posts
20*5 months extra?

I would simply pay for it and place a complaint. Its really not worth all the trouble for about 100.00

If you want to take a different direction.....thats up to you. Im sorry you have gone through poor customer service but I believe its much more pervelant than people believe.

EC

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
While everyone is entitled to their opinions and suggestions, I would ask that you please refrain from the personal attacks & insults. Such posts going forward may be subject to deletion and Infractions may be issued.

·
Registered
382 Posts
That's a good idea, however, I worked as a IT contractor, I don't have time to go to court.
In your original post you said you signed up for a "Corporate Plan", which all the carriers are willing to extend to the company's employees. As a contractor you're not actually an employee of the company and therefore you wouldn't be entitled to it in the first place.

If that's the case you don't have a leg to stand on so I'd just pay the bill.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
In the places I used to work at, contractors where able to get the same corporate rates as employees did. As long as you had a email address from the company you work at. That is all I used to get corporate rates in the past.

·
Registered
382 Posts
In the places I used to work at, contractors where able to get the same corporate rates as employees did. As long as you had a email address from the company you work at. That is all I used to get corporate rates in the past.
If you're a contractor, just because you've gotten it doesn't mean you're entitled to it.

Having been involved in a few cellular RFPs over the years from the client side of the table (I don't work for one of the big 3), I can assure you that the incentive is supposed to be for employees only. The carriers used to insist on seeing proof of employment (i.e. a payslip), but have become lax over the years.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts