Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pamela Anderson as the Virgin Mary? Well, it is A RUSSELL PETERS CHRISTMAS - New Canadian special features guests include Michael Bublé, Pamela Anderson, Ted Lange, Faizon Love, Jon Lovitz, Scott Thompson and members of the Peters family.
Thursday, Dec. 1 at 9 p.m. ET on CTV

Might be amusing.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump as its on tonight.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Got my PVR set I love Russell Peters. Should be a crazy Christmas

Also for those that do not know this Saturday night on Comedy will be the Russell Peters - The Green Card TOUR. Which was filmed in London.
Will be his brand new stand up material.

·
Registered
577 Posts
We all love his standup routines, but for us, this special was awful. Gave up halfway through it. He does much better interacting with a live audience.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I found both the special and stand up lame and very ho hum.
The background on his stand up special hurt to look at, who's smart idea was that one?

·
Registered
548 Posts
We gave up after 10 minutes or so.
Talk about an performer 'prostituting their art'.

I was so pumped for this special and then felt very let down.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fast forwarded through a fair bit. A few guffaws but overall, really bad.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought the "Merry Christmas", are you telling me to "kiss my ass" line was funny but I found the sex jokes and double entendres to be really lame.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Love Russell Peters, but I couldn't watch more than 10 minutes of the Christmas special. To bad as I was really looking forward to this.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I thought the very best line of the entire show was when the kid mispronounced Bramalea, and how Peters responded!

That was good - and I was very surprised they left it in. Would have been easy to reshoot. Makes me wonder if a lot of this stuff was done in one shoot, no retakes, and he was not at his best because a TV production's flow, and a studio audience, are very different from a live audience. When Peters got it right, it was pretty spontaneous and funny, but that did not happen as often as you might expect.

If it really was a live performance that was captured without outakes, give Peters credit - that takes guts to go with. It is far, far to easy to just redo when you think it just isn't quite right.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts