Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been with Starchoice / ShawDirect for approx 9 years. The competition in Quebec from Videotron and Bell, especially with their a la carte pricing, is starting to make me think to switch. ShawDirect has tried to respond with new programming packages a few months ago but we still don't get to choose the channels.

My bill is getting quite expensive and being able to bring it down a bit while keeping the channels the family wants seems possible by switching.

Any news that ShawDirect would offer something similar to a la carte in the near term?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
There is no news of a la carte, however since you are a long time customer I would advise you to call customer service and ask to be transferred to customer relations. In all likelihood, they will issues credits to your account or change you to a value package.
A regular CSR will not be able to do this, you need to speak to customer relations.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

If by value package you mean something like Parfait Bilingue Extra, I already have that package, which is a good value but I end up paying for a lot of channels we don't watched. It is a good value if all the channels you like are part of this package...

I appreciate Shawdirect customer service and they have given a credit for a few months when I bought my HD Tv along with the HD receiver.

Bell has matched Videotron offering after a few months and I would be curious to see Shaw subscriber numbers in Quebec as I think their offering is a bit behind compare to the other 2.

Will see what happens also with Fibe TV offering in non metropolitan region as this seems to be another good alternative.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I was actually referring to the Atlantic/Ontario/Western Value Pack,(esentially a slightly stripped down version of digital favorites with a 30% discount), but now that I think about it, I don't believe they offer such a package in Quebec.

Anyway, you should give customer relations a try regardless.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts