Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
To get more replies and make this question meaningful, why not add the keystrokes required to obtain this information from the 9242.?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Lo 51
Avg 54
Hi 59

I have been told this is too hot. The 9242 is in an enclosed shelf but open in the front and back.

Air circulates through but I imagine is gets hotter than if it were simply sitting on an open shelf. There is an EHD attached to it also.

I have never had any problems with my 9242 (overheating or otherwise) since I bought it for 299$ almost 2 yrs ago.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pinza good idea.....to get the info from a 9242 press
-menu, 6, 3, counters, page down 2-3times

·
Registered
169 Posts
If your receiver is running hot, a cheap solution (under $20) is to place a laptop cooler under the unit. It can plug right into the USB connection of the receiver.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yes, I have placed the laptop cooler on top of the unit and it is blowing through an opening outside of the enclosed shelf (back and front).

I consider the enclosed shelf a must because I no longer hear the 9242 fan during quiet scenes. It has been running like this for over two years no issues.

Average 48 maximum 54.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Lo 51
Avg 54
Hi 59

I have been told this is too hot. The 9242 is in an enclosed shelf but open in the front and back.

Air circulates through but I imagine is gets hotter than if it were simply sitting on an open shelf. There is an EHD attached to it also.

I have never had any problems with my 9242 (overheating or otherwise) since I bought it for 299$ almost 2 yrs ago.

Hope this helps.
These temps are quite similar to mine, and I have seen no strange behaviour.
The unit is located on an open shelf.
High - 59, Low - 50, Avg - 55.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Mine is a high of 57*F
Low of 28*F (must of been when I was out of town and couldn't stoke the fire)
Average of 47*F, this is less than 10*C and in a computer would be fine.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm guessing that Bell's programmers modified the Dish software to report temperatures in degrees C, rather than degrees F, but forgot to change the "F" to "C" in the output string.

Even sillier, my 9200s report average temperatures lower than the lowest temperatures.

Here are the current readings from my 3 PVRS, all in the same, well-ventilated closet:

9242: high 59, low 47, avg 52
9200: high 48, low 35, avg 20
9200: high 57, low 42, avg 32

1 - 9 of 9 Posts