Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I've been having an issue with my harmony one remote and 9242 receiver for a while now and im hoping someone out there can help me out. The issue is that i can't power off/on the 9242 using the harmony one. All of the other remote functions seem to work fine. When i originally setup my harmony remote, everything was good. Using the watch tv activity, the 9242 would power on, and when i was powering off, the 9242 would turn off. I remember my 9242 receiver updating itself a while back, and it seems since then the power off/on has stopped working.

Has anyone out there experienced a similar issue ? If so, did you find a solution?

I've seen mention on the forums that i should try changing the remote id or something like that, but every time i tried this nothing seemed to happen. One post said i should goto system info, hold sat button til bell remote lights up, enter a remote id, then hit # and record. I tried this but doesn't seem to do anything. I tried enter 1 and 2, but screen info for remote didn't change. On the system info screen, the remote says it's using remote addr of 1.

Does anyone have any ideas what i can do about this ?

Thanx very much.

-DaViS

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well i guess i finally figured this out. I didn't need to change the remote id. I only needed to remove my 9242 from my harmony remote setup and re-add it. While doing that, the harmony remote setup re-confirmed bell remote commands and after updating the harmony, all is working. I guess the harmony remote software must have been programmed with a different remote id for my bell 9242. Anyway, i'm good now. No need to reply...

-DaViS

1 - 2 of 2 Posts