Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, let me give you the quick backstory...
Moved into a house in Northern Manitoba....Dish already set up at end of yard. One Dual LNBF going into the house. (Bell 82 SAT)
I Bought a 9241 HD Dual Tuner PVR...

Ok, so I only have one Coax going into the PVR. So I cannot dual tune.
I called Bell and they sent me a upgrade kit with Dish. a Y and a new Digitial LNBF (But no damn SW21's.....grrrrr)

So, awaiting 4 100 foot Coax wires from Monoprice....(Now realizing I only needed 2...lol)

I want the simpllist install....
I want SD and HD Programming and be able to dual tune HD shows and SD shows...

I'm thinking I need 2 Sw21's...One line from 82 LNBF and One line from 91 LNBF when through the SW21 turns into one line which then proceeds to SAT1 in the back of my Dual Tuner.

The second Sw21 will will take the second input from 82 LNBF and the second LNBF from 91 which then through the second SW21 changes into one line which then goes into SAT2 input into my reciever...

Will that set up do what I need it to do?

I'm new with Satellites, but Im a quick learner...
Will this do the trick?

Thanks.

Total RG6 length will be 106 feet. Is that ok without a amplifier?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Forget the extra RG6, just get a DPP Twin LNBF and a seperator, you can then use the 1 piece of RG6 and a seperator behind the 9241.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply...

I don't want to get any more equipment like LBNF's since I already got 2....
So, should I get a SW44 and bring in 4 lines inside the house instead of two SW21's?

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Two SW21s will work as described. However, you will need a SW44 to add any more receivers so that may be better in the long run. SW44s can be picked up cheaply on eBay so it doesn't need to be a big expense. (Bell charges way too much for them.) Pick up a compression tool and some RG6 compression (not crimp) connectors as well. They will be required for making custom length cables. The SW44 can be mounted on the back of the dish but everything needs to be watertight if that is done. Under an eve or inside are better spots to prevent water and heat damage.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
A DPP LNBF can be had for $50, then you can sell the 2 LNBF's you have now to recover some costs.

It will also have the advantage of not requiring power to work, as it gets its power from the Receiver.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Yes it does, which is why in post #2 I said;

just get a DPP Twin LNBF and a seperator,

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Pinza has given you the best & simplest solution for a single receiver, like he said buy a DPP Twin LNBF and a DPP Seperator. Only one line is then needed to the receiver from the LNBF and the seperator splits that signal at the receiver end for you to feed both of the tuners on the 9241. The DPP Twin LNBF sees both 91W & 82W which allows you to get all the programming available from Bell TV, so you will be all set with this setup. Another benefit would be that if you decide to get another receiver you will only need to run one line from the LNBF to your house for it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I get what you guys are saying...

Nice and simple....I'll go ahead and order the DDP Twin LBNF.
Is there one that's bell approved? Or do they all work?

Can I order this one?
http://www.onesat.ca/Dish-Network-Dish-Pro-Plus-Twin-LNBF-DPP-Twin-LNB-p/dish-pro-plus-twin-lnb.htm

And this DDP Seperator?
http://www.onesat.ca/DISH-Network-Dish-Pro-Plus-DPP-Separator-p/dish-pro-plus-dpp-separator.htm

If so I'll go and order both if you guys say yes...

Thanks so much for all your time invested in this...I really do appreciate it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Checked on the website redflagdeals and it shows that the onesat.ca is very shady...

Wheres the best place to buy this equipment in canada?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ahhh screw it. I bought the DPP Twin LNB and DPP Seperator from someone with 100% feedback for $50.00 on Ebay!

I'll go ahead and sell my other gear...lol

Anyone interested in 3X100Ft RG6 and 2 LNB's? :)

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Sorry I was not around for the last few hours but they are exactly what you needed, you will NOT regret it, it will make the installation so simple and clean.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's ok...Thats for all your help

When I get it all hooked up, I'll be back here I'm sure with check switch questions and getting Sat 82 hehe...

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
No you won't, it will be perfect 1st time......lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wish. A lot of people up here in Northern Manitoba have a hard time with Bell 82. But I do have a clear view, so maybe I'll have a easier time!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
With the launch of Nimq4 and the change in the footprint of 82W to focus more on Canada a strong signal on 82W has been noted in Alaska, so you should be ok with where you live too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just came accross this thread while searching for my own answers. This thread really helped but I have just one question. I have a Bell satalite with dual LNBF's and 2 SW21's. One coax runs direct to the 9241, the other direct to a different reciever. My question is, do I need to replace my existing Bell reciever with the DPP mentioned in the thread or can I just install the DP separator. Thanks for your help, great information on this forum !!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts