Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 10 year old 9200 receiver no longer feeds in HD signal. (The HDMI input no longer works) We have replaced with a 9241 receiver.
2 questions.

#1 With an external HD can I transfer recordings from the 9200 on to EHD and be able to access them on the 9241 ?

#2 Since the 9241 only works with 1 TV our 2nd tv still needs a receiver, am I able to hook up the 9200 to one tv only (non HD tv)
If so do I hook it up thru tv 1 or 2 connections

Appreciate any info I can get and thank you in advance

·
Registered
520 Posts
Component is still HD, does it still work?

You cannot move content to a external HDD with the 9200. Also; you can only move content from and to the same models (ie. 9241 to 9241).

You can use any output of the 9200 for your main tv, as long as you're in Single Mode.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Whatever you do, keep that 9200 active on your account.

Bell will be announcing a swap of all 9200 models with 9242's later this year, so you will get your 2 TV Solution back.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Seems like the HDMI port failing is a common issue on old 9200 units.

Mine has failed and I have just been using the component cables. Actually I have pretty much always used the component cables since my TV doesn't like to keep in sync with the HDMI encryption even when it was working requiring frequent unplugging of the HDMI cable. (Oddball Viewsonic TV)

Problem is that one of the solder joints to the HDMI port or HDMI encoder chip has failed. You can reflow the solder on the board by baking it to get your HDMI port working again if you like. It involves removing the board and it is not worth it if component cable works for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts