Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My 9200 lately has been rebooting on me all the time. When I turn it on it boots up, goes into the search for signal and does the 5 tests then it shuts off and does the same thing a few times. After a few times it usally starts working. And sometimes it turns on with no problems. It is getting annoying when something is set to record when then receiver is off and it doesn't do it because it keeps rebooting. The signal strenth is really good on 91 and 82 so I hope its not a receiver issue. Any help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
if its under warrantee i would call bell.

if you own it i would open the case and unplug the hard drive. Dust the mother board, check to make sure everything is in order. If it starts no problem without the hard drive then you've isolated the problem.

it is a heat issue?, is there a fan? is it turning?

D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hrm, mine's doing the same thing. High 90s on all transponders and both satellites. It is VERY intermittent with no apparent 'cycle' or 'rhythm'.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
As noted by earlier post, is heat an issue?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I am experiencing the exact same thing with one of my 9200's, that I use as a test receiver, it is not activated and I just get the "Barker" Channels and my OTA HD Signals through it.

It has been great for months, then in the last 2 days, every time I go into the room where it is, the thing is howling like a banshee.

The room is cold.

I am wondering if Bell have issued a partial Software revision, as this is the 3rd or 4th in as many days doing this that have been brought to my attention.

Only thing that cures mine, is to pull the Hydro for a minute, then it is silent for a couple of hours, then off again.

I will run full diagnostics later, see it there is something amiss.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Note, this is an old thread so can't group his issue with current issue.

Despite your recent issue, Heat does some to be a common explanation for this problem so its something to investigate.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Yes I appreciate it is an older thread but I just wanted to let jimmyfog now he is not alone with this issue.

And yes, I agree again, heat has been a major problem with the 9200 models.

I keep my main 9200 stood Vertically, as there are no vents on the top when used in the normal Horizontal orientation. It consistently runs cooler than my other 9200.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Heat is not an issue, this receiver is in my basement, with about half a foot distance from my receiver. There is nothing on top of the 9200, and the 9200 is sitting on my TV bench. I chose to comment on THIS thread because the symptoms the OP had were remarkably similar.

I called Bell, the only solution they gave me was to pull the plug for 2 minutes, and restart. I did this, and it was fine for a couple hours of being on, I then changed the channel and it's started to reboot on me again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts