Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
This replaces V220 thread

My only comment would be that 16 days to fix the OTA bug is really unacceptable. This was a serious flaw and the new software should either have been backed out immediatley or a fix within 72 hours.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
So I guess none of the other issues we've reported and called them about countless times matter.

The OTA fix is great for those that use OTA but I got an EV PVR to use with EV! What about the jump to live bug? In my books that's a much bigger issue and it's been there since what?? 149?? Come on EV!!!!! Can we at least pretend you care about the issues that have been affecting your customers for so long now? Ohhh right, maybe you think it's been there for this long that we don't care about getting a fix.

Okay, end of rant. I guess it's time to log yet another call with them. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dead Receiver?

Just got home from work to find that all I get on my TV are frozen frames. Doesn't matter what channel I change to, I see a split second (i.e. <500ms) of motion and the picture just freezes. However, I *can* hear the audio (strange, eh?)

I also get the same thing when trying to play back recorded content (doesn't matter if it's SD or HD). I've also done a reboot and a check switch to no avail.

Checked my sw version and it's V221. I have a 9200, I don't use OTA, and have about 5 hours of HD recording space left.

Looks like I'm the first to report this problem (at least over here). I'll try some other things before calling in for some support.

Hoping I can blame this on V221 ;)

Any ideas?

EDIT: I did a 2nd reset of holding down the power button for 10 secs and that did the trick. I've never had to do this before but hey, it's working now.

·
Banned
6,296 Posts
...16 days to fix the OTA bug is really unacceptable.
I only wish they were that fast with other bugs that affect all customers. 16 months (not days) is closer to the norm with many of those. 9200s with the stutter issue showed up about 16 months ago and that is not 100% fixed... Want more? Jump to live bug... frequent failure to record All and New events... bad guide data... duplicate events as well as missing events in the timer and daily schedule list causing recording failures... failure to restore duplicate events when the scheduled duplicate is deleted... Some of these have been going on well over a year. There are probably others I've forgotten about but those are the major issues. Name based recording hasn't worked properly since it was introduced and the bad/missing guide data issue started before that, well over two years ago. :confused: EV's only answer is to buy a new PVR. I can tell you that the 9242 is not much better. It just has new bugs. :eek:

·
Registered
616 Posts
still very slow when skipping or restoring shows in schedule.
You'd think that would have been an easy fix... the five- to eight-second delay with each skip or restore is maddening and really adds up, even with the moderate number of timers I have. Sheesh... :mad:

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
today in a very long time my timers that I skipped became active again which screwed up the actual program I wanted to record.

I can't believe they didn't fix the long delay. If I have time I am going to have to call tomorrow and ask for credit for how much longer I have to waste now.

·
Registered
213 Posts
You'd think that would have been an easy fix... the five- to eight-second delay with each skip or restore is maddening and really adds up, even with the moderate number of timers I have. Sheesh... :mad:
I have V221 on my 9200 and I checked the timing for setting skip and restore and it is about 1/2 second at most. I have over 60 items on my record list.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I lost many of my previous recordings wich pisses me alot... My kids loved them and now it messes the bedtime routine. I start the recorded title, screen is black. I fast forward, then I can see image. When I try to put it back on play, it keep fast forwarding. The problem is not on all recordings (just many of my kids favorite ones). It appears to be mostly happening to old recordings.
Hope I won't have to wait 16 months to have it fixed...

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
My only comment would be that 16 days to fix the OTA bug is really unacceptable. This was a serious flaw and the new software should either have been backed out immediatley or a fix within 72 hours.
Personally, I'm pretty happy with the turn around. I think this is a new record. As not being able to record OTA didn't really bother me that much as I don't get more than 1 station OTA :) For a select few, this may have been a "serious flaw" but I would hazzard a guess that nto that many people were truely affected as sat reception is the primary use of the unit, not OTA PVRing. At least live OTA still worked :)

True, it might have been better to roll back, and they did do this with a 3100 update a long time ago.

V221 is no different in terms of bugs/issues/resolutions other than the OTA fix it appers.

The only new issue in v220/221 that I can see is the dreadful slow skip/restore toggle. I'm not experiencing issues with Call Display, did not have any events or recorded shows get messed up and am not experiencing any freezing or audio drops (or I should say not any worse than before).

·
Banned
173 Posts
V221

Is the USB Media to view pics (4 on the menu) actually working yet? I tried a USB thumb drive in it and it didn't recognize it. Tried 3 of them to be exact.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Usb active

Just got the update for V221 and tried loading pictures from a USB thumb drive. Got most of the pictures loaded and then got a message that the 9200 didn't have any more space. I had over 1800 pictures on the thumb drive.

What was loaded on the 9200 played ok but it doesn't have ability to randomly play the pictures. To be of any real use it needs to have this ability.

I also wonder why it said it ran out of space on the 9200. There was still lots of room to record more programs.

I suspect that a specific area of the drive has been formated for the pictures. I guess the question is, does this mean the space is always unavailable for recording TV or just when pictures have been loaded to the hard drive.

·
Registered
43 Posts
V221

Anybody knows if they have updated the hard drive compatibility issue. My unit is no longer under warranty and I would like to put a 500GB drive in it.

Thanks,
Joe

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.