Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I caught my 9200 upgrading and my System Info says that im at V220. Has anyone else been upgraded? Whats new in this version?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Yep, downloaded in the last hour... Only two new things: an annoying lag after hitting "Skip" in the upcoming recordings list in PVR (between 3 and 7 seconds!!!)

... Oh ... and one more thing (with apologies to Steve Jobs) ... have a look in the main menu: option 4... Multimedia. :eek: Pretty sure that's new. :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
i try to force update on my 9200, i change hour to make update, the green lignt goes on but update dont appear.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hmm...very interesting. I plugged a USB key in and it recognized it and I was able to transfer and view photos. Going to try a drive in a bit.

Edit: Tried a USB 2.0 hard drive and it was not compatible. So far, seems limited to photos only, no video transfer. Maybe someone could try an Archos. At least the USB ports are active now.

·
Registered
116 Posts
300x FF Seems to Work OK

I recorded the 3rd period of the hockey game last night (on CBC) and I tried FF at 300x. Seems to work OK and didn't stutter, stall and jump like it used to. I'll have to try watching tomorrow's game in delayed mode to see if the dreaded jump-to-live bug has been fixed.

RE: photo slide show: yeah, this works. whoopie.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Is it just me or is there no transformation on the slide show? Not even a dissolve. And the photos never filled the screen (unless I missed a setting). On the plus side the receiver read and downloaded off my usb card reader.

I applaud Bell for this, its better then nothing and I hope Bell plans to continue improving this work in progress. However for people who have a computer would be better off using that instead.

I hope the skip-to-live bug is fix. I guess I'll find out tonight while watching "The National".

·
Registered
7 Posts
I noticed an issue with my 9200 and came here to see if anyone has seen it yet. It seems this new firmware will not allow pause, rewind or fast forward functions with OTA digital signals like this receiver has in the past. Can anyone else verify?

·
Registered
116 Posts
No more OTA PVR

I've confirmed that the OTA PVR functions don't work. Although it appears that you can record OTA content, when I tried to play it back I got an 'Error Code 04" message.

Once again BEV takes one step forward (to be confirmed) and two steps back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah, I just tried to record an OTA station and got that same error. NONE of the OTA functions that make use of the hard drive work anymore.

This is a pretty serious screwup. Or was this an intentional change by Bell taking these features away for some reason?

We use the OTA PVR functions about equally with the satellite stations. My wife is not going to be very happy about this...

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
If they took OTA away you need to call and complain. They may be gauging interest in how many people use it.

The multimedia being active was a tease. I thought I would be able to move shows to the ext. HDD but it is only for photos from I what I can see.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Well, I called the ExpressVu support line. I spoke to a "level 3 technician". He told me that right now he wasn't aware of the problem but he would open a ticket, or something like that. He kept referring to my antenna as an "analog antenna". :rolleyes: He told me to call back in a day or two and that he probably would have more information about that problem.

I urge everybody who's experiencing that problem to call them. That was not a good idea to disable that feature and they need to know that people were using it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anyone else's HDMI port stopped working after the upgrade? I called and they said I am the only one reporting that issue :(

·
Registered
119 Posts
LOST SIGNAL on tuner 2 with new firmware ???

I have a DPP LNB ?? Tuner #2 is not working anymore ?? Can it be the new firmware ??

Did hardware reset with no sucess.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I called them and they said that the recording OTA digitals should fix itself overnight. They wouldn't open a ticket for me...:mad:
They don't think it is an issue and brushed me off.
Everyone who is having problems please call them!

Is there anyone with the update where it is working?

I'll be cancelling if it isn't fixed in the next week.
Is there anyway to go back to the firmware that we had last night?

I just checked and my DPP44 is working on both tuners and I'm getting video on the HDMI.

·
Registered
119 Posts
HDMI still working....

·
Registered
7 Posts
The OTA digital "bug" did not fix itself overnight. :rolleyes:

I also experienced the jump to live bug. The receiver seems a lot more "sluggish" than before as well - there's random delays when hitting a button on the remote.

I hope they roll our firmware back soon.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts