Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a DSR 207 and a Navigo 401. Both work, but I've noticed a few dropped channels from what I understand is a migration to 8PSK technology.

How long before these two receivers are pretty much done as far as receiving all SD channels?

Also, I thought I heard a while back that Shaw MAY offer some reasonable
upgrade prices for replacement units - any idea what those offers are, if they still exist, and how to get them (I also hear people get different results from different CSR's).

·
Registered
174 Posts
You can find a lot of information in the following thread:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=132567

There has been mention in these threads of a Shaw offer to upgrade receivers incapable of 8PSK to a 319 (or 309?) receiver. When you call to get a special, ask the CSR to transfer you to Customer Relations.

I recently (mid-summer) upgraded two 405's to 505's at a good price.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I upgraded a 401 to a 319 this fall at no charge.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I upgraded a 401 to a 319 this fall at no charge.
Wow - that would be fine if they'd do that - any advice on who the best person to speak to is? I heard a 319 would be minimum $100 as an upgrade. Which level of CSR did you deal with?
thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
When you call to get a special, ask the CSR to transfer you to Customer Relations.
No, there have been numerous references in these threads to a standard upgrade offer of much less than $100 for a 319 because of the 8PSK changeover. Considerations such as the duration of your subscription to StarChoice Shaw Direct, and even your payment record can influence how good a deal you can get,

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
what was your method?
I called in to talk about the 630, as I've had the 530 dvr since release. They gave me a swap on the 530 for $99, then added free shipping. When the csr in "retentions" saw on my account that I had a 401 "legacy" receiver, he first offered to extend a program that had just finished, a swap of the 401 for the 319 at a $29 + shipping rate. I convinced him that $0 and free shipping would be much better and he agreed. I did have to return the 401, though, at no charge to me.

I've been a customer for 15 years on an automatic billing cycle. A couple of weeks later, I downgraded for "Digital Favourites" to the "BC Value Package"

·
Registered
783 Posts
I did have to return the 401, though, at no charge to me.
I'm surprised they don't cut their expenses and ask you to back your SUV over the 401 and then take it to electronic recycling. They could also block the serial number from ever being reactivated again as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts