Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a DSR 207 and a Navigo 401. Both work, but I've noticed a few dropped channels from what I understand is a migration to 8PSK technology.

How long before these two receivers are pretty much done as far as receiving all SD channels?

Also, I thought I heard a while back that Shaw MAY offer some reasonable
upgrade prices for replacement units - any idea what those offers are, if they still exist, and how to get them (I also hear people get different results from different CSR's).

·
Registered
174 Posts
You can find a lot of information in the following thread:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=132567

There has been mention in these threads of a Shaw offer to upgrade receivers incapable of 8PSK to a 319 (or 309?) receiver. When you call to get a special, ask the CSR to transfer you to Customer Relations.

I recently (mid-summer) upgraded two 405's to 505's at a good price.

·
Registered
174 Posts
When you call to get a special, ask the CSR to transfer you to Customer Relations.
No, there have been numerous references in these threads to a standard upgrade offer of much less than $100 for a 319 because of the 8PSK changeover. Considerations such as the duration of your subscription to StarChoice Shaw Direct, and even your payment record can influence how good a deal you can get,

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
what was your method?
I called in to talk about the 630, as I've had the 530 dvr since release. They gave me a swap on the 530 for $99, then added free shipping. When the csr in "retentions" saw on my account that I had a 401 "legacy" receiver, he first offered to extend a program that had just finished, a swap of the 401 for the 319 at a $29 + shipping rate. I convinced him that $0 and free shipping would be much better and he agreed. I did have to return the 401, though, at no charge to me.

I've been a customer for 15 years on an automatic billing cycle. A couple of weeks later, I downgraded for "Digital Favourites" to the "BC Value Package"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts