Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
I have a service call with Rogers for tomorrow morning. My rental 8300HD is doing something similar.

Tech support had me exchange the unit, and then once again when the problem was not corrected. However, the problem still exists and I think I have found the cause.

When I tune to EuroNews (channel 193) and stay there the PVR reboots after one minute. If I surf past 193 then the remote seems to freeze and the unit reboots after one minute.

Like I said, a tech is coming tomorrow as this is a new problem and they want to confirm it.

· Registered
14 Posts
A tech support guy showed up at 8AM and stayed until 10AM and confirmed what I found (he even took the PVR to the outside tap and used a TV from his truck) and agreed that it's a very strange problem and it seems to originate in the signal from Toronto or further down the network line. One other person he spoke to on the phone said he had heard of this problem before while another said it was new to him.

So for the moment I just have to stay away from EuroNews (channel 193).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.