Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My illico 8300HD came with an IR extender that can be plugged in the back of the 8300 if, I assume, one does not have a clear "line of sight" from the remote to the front of the cable box.

I never needed the IR extender but now want to move the 8300HD and need an IR extender.

However, the IR extender does not work. Given that some of the options on those cable boxes are known not to work, I would like to know if the IR extender is, in fact, supposed to work?

As anyone used the IR extender? And, if so, what's the trick to make it work? Thanks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Oh Well

Sorry for what ended up being a dumb question. I guess I have to turn to "standard" IR extender then. I did check out the link you provided 57 but it seems I have a bit of research to do since there does not seem to be a consensus on which extender is best. Not only that, I would prefer a wired solution given that, in my case, the distance is very short. And there does not seem to have a lot of those. Thanks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still not Available

Thanks Jake. I was hoping that things could have changed by now and that resurrecting the issue would provide new leads...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts