Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,959 Posts
I'm thinking about trading in my 630 receiver for 830 is worth doing ?
Probably not. The 630 is a good receiver. The 830 doesn't really add much and it takes some features away. I believe the 830 and 630 are compared in another 830 thread.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Seeing as your example is CNN and the transponder that CNN is carried on has been exhibiting odd behaviours on this add other channels on the same transponder I wouldn't rule out that is something that F2 is coughing up due to it's age.

·
Super Moderator
17,186 Posts
I'm thinking about trading in my 630 receiver for 830 is worth doing ?
Lots of comparisons in this thread. The 630 is end-of-life and won't be getting new feature updates (not enough memory).

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
The 830 takes away some outputs, the clock and other indicators, it does have some enhancements for searching for things in the guide and programming. There are trade offs but if your 630 is still functioning I would probably stick with it. Had the 830 not removed the outputs and clock etc I would probably would change my mind.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The 830 takes away some outputs, the clock and other indicators, it does have some enhancements for searching for things in the guide and programming. There are trade offs but if you 630 is still functioning I would probably stick with it. Had the 830 not removed the outputs and clock etc I would probably would change my mind.
Thanks for the info (y)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts