Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CHAM 820 News converted back to it's Country music roots yesterday at noon. Taylor Swift and y'all are back. Seems like Hamilton and area has missed the "twang" and has it's country music station back. :rolleyes: It is "contemporary country" format. Looks like Mike Bullard will have to go elsewhere...again. Poor guy!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Was curious what was up when I tried to listen to Dennis Miller last night on the way into Toronto. I know a lot of people were upset after 95.3 dropped country, so I guess this is good news for those in the area missing their twang. Still don't like the AM sound though. I wonder if they still carry the Jays. Guess I'll find out in a couple hours.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The game was rained out Friday so I never had the chance to hear if they are still on there. Guess I'll try again tonight.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yep, no game on tonight either. Sucks. When I'm driving into TO, I have that dead zone around Woodstock where 1290 and 570 are fuzzy, but 820 worked well until I could get 590 clearly.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Really? I find that I can pull 590 reliabliy in my car once I get to the Hwy 401/Hwy 402 merge in London, although I do agree knowing that I had 820 as a fallback was always nice.

·
Registered
160 Posts
My car can usually pull in 590 from non-built up areas around London as well. However I drive a truck to Toronto, and the cheap radios International uses don't have the same range, even with a tall antenna attached.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts