Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

301 - 320 of 324 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Suggestions

One issue I have noticed randomly is that the remote skip forward function acts up on some recordings. The fast forward seems to work fine on these recordings. I haven't seen this on a 630.

A nice to have new feature would be to add some sort of Netflix integration so that I don't have to use my TV remote to access the smart TV integration.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Anybody having issues with resuming programs from where they previously left off? I find that when I stop a PVR program and then resume, it starts from the beginning or near the beginning and not where I left off.

·
Registered
554 Posts
starchoice, I have a 630. I sometimes have to completely exit viewing a PVR program to do something else. I love that it goes back about 30 seconds of the program when I restart the interrupted viewing. Never had a problem with it going back more than the ~30 seconds.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My 800 receiver says I got a new update overnight?? Says it’s 66.25. Accidentally hit the ok button and didn’t get a chance to read what was in it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Correct, we are rolling out a new software version this week for HDDSR 800s and HDPVR 830s next week. The biggest feature you'll actually notice is the integration of VOD in the Guide. You can press D on applicable programs and networks to search the VOD library to make finding content easier.

You can also now disable Stingray poster album art if you wish to connect to WiFi but save bandwidth there, and you can also press STOP during an in-progress recording to stop recording it (I think someone from here actually suggested that one... maybe it was an email to me.)

Other than that, the usual under-the-hood improvements. You may notice trickplays are lot better while recordings are in-progress, most notably.

·
Registered
195 Posts
At this time, no, sorry. There are no planned updates for the 6XX line of receivers. How full is your hard drive? We definitely find the more recordings, the slower the system will get overall. The 8XX line has a much higher processing power.

·
Registered
8,654 Posts
PVR disks should be kept under 75% capacity to maintain good performance. (That goes for any device with a hard drive.) Over 90% capacity, performance degrades dramatically and may result in recording or playback issues.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Intermittent signal loss?

Lately we have been experiencing a strange happening. When tuning to channel 231 (ABC Detroit) yesterday, we had no picture or sound. All other Detroit channels were fine.

Looking at the Status screen, the signal level showed -2.3 dB. All other channels showed over 8 dB. We did a soft reboot and the channel came back to life and the dB showed 8.7.

This happened to our 630 and 830 receivers.

Yesterday was ABC Detroit but the other times it would be other US channels. There does not seem to be a particular pattern

Looking for any ideas as to what may be going on here.

·
Registered
8,654 Posts
Shaw may be remapping channels to different transponders. The change should be detected automatically by the receiver but sometimes requires a reboot for the new mapping to take effect.

·
Registered
554 Posts
630 Quirk or External HD

Starchoice, not exactly what you have experienced. This may be my 630 or the external hard drive I installed back in April. I just love the new HD, but I twice now I experienced a quirk. The playback of a recording results in a blank screen and no audio. I exit the recording and start over; all is fine then.

It has only happened a couple of times with no real loss so the huge benefit of the external HD offsets any very occasional and recoverable quirk.

I am grateful to ipabrewer for posting this recommendation:
https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/3077969-post232.html

Anybody having issues with resuming programs from where they previously left off? I find that when I stop a PVR program and then resume, it starts from the beginning or near the beginning and not where I left off.

·
Registered
554 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone tell me the differences between DSR600 and DSR800? I mainly watch sports. Is it worth upgrading? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,654 Posts
The differences are listed elsewhere in another thread, probably the DSR800 discussion thread. (Tried searching but the results were useless.) They are mainly cosmetic with slightly better hardware. The difference in picture quality will be minimal. If a 4K box ever becomes available, that would make a difference with 4K programming.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The HDDSR 800 has a much faster processor, the ability to connect to WiFi and will continue to receive feature enhancements (6XX is no longer on the development train for anything but major defect fixes).

The HDPVR 830 has the ability to schedule recordings for as far as your Guide is loaded, generally 14 days in the future.

301 - 320 of 324 Posts