Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The page down key on my motorola 6412 pvr stopped working. Now when I bring up the guide, I can only page through the channels one way. Is there something I can do to fix this, like a reset? Would Shaw give me a replacement remote if I asked them?

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Shaw will replace the remote for free, just take it in to your local office. Don't forget to take the batteries out as they will just throw your old remote away.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
The style might be a little different but I think the current one is better than the older style. You should get used to it fairly quickly if the one you have now is not the same.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have buttons that stopped working on my 6416 remote a few days ago, even after warranty they will still swap the remote?

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
They have always replaced mine for free as long as I am a subscriber. You can also buy an extra one for $15 (at least that is what they charged me the last time I bought one, about a year ago).

·
Registered
143 Posts
Nice to know, this is the first time I have needed a remote replacement (lucky I guess?).

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
You can also reprogram your Shaw remote (just the CBL so it doesn't affect other devices) which may fix as well.
http://www.urcsupport.com/html.php?page_id=455

If that doesn't work try:
Press CBL
Then press AND HOLD Setup til CBL blinks once red then 2 more times red.
Then press 1376
Then press CBL once
Then press Setup once to lock it in.

If that fails a swap will work too as others have mentioned.

·
Banned
79 Posts
The warranty shouldn't matter. I exchanged my remote recently at a Shaw office and there were no questions asked. Not even my name or account number.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
If you have problems with your Shaw remote, I found the following site useful:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_use_a_Motorola_DVR/Programming_the_Remote

Not only does it have the information contained in the manual, but it also contains the "Extended Function Codes" that allows you to reprogram individual buttons on your remote (in case the "30 second skip" or "swap" button stops working, for instance).

·
Registered
143 Posts
My wife took the remote to Shaw's office and got a new one in a bag with batteries and manual.

Thanks for the help, just wanted to add the resolution for down the road if someone searches for it at a later date :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts