Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be going to the cottage this weekend and as I have many unviewed shows recorded on my 630 I was thinking about taking it with us to use as a viewer only. I don't have a dish to connect it to so I was wondering if anyone has tried to operate it without any signal lines attached? I remember the 530 did not like this and put an nag on the screen about loss of signal or something that interfered with the viewing of recorded material somewhat. Haven't had time to experiment with this myself yet but I'd appreciate it if someone else has tried this yet. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I have a feeling it will work without a signal coming in. I noticed one night when there was a heavy thunderstorm I lost signal but a notice popped up on screen asking if I would like to go to the "PVR list".

·
Registered
23 Posts
Easiest way to check is power off your 630, disconnect your satellite lines and then power it on. If your recordings work to your satisfaction, then you know now before you leave on your trip.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I was told by a technician that it would work without lines attached, but I haven't received mine yet to test it.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Easiest way to check is power off your 630, disconnect your satellite lines and then power it on. If your recordings work to your satisfaction, then you know now before you leave on your trip.
This is what I did with my 530 last month while I was assessing the 630. We still had some programs recorded in the 530 that we wanted to watch. I switched the lines to the 630 and used it for 10 days or so. Meanwhile, I was able to access the recordings on the 530, with no coax lines and didn't have any nag screen at all. Obviously, the clock was wrong on the 530.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts