Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY 6131 receiver can no longer find Sat 82. When I run the Point Dish and set in on Sat 82 with an odd transponder it will lock but then say it is seeing 91, with an even transponder there is nothing.

The 9242 receiver in another room sees both Sat's no problem. The only thing that had changed in the room is that physical location of the receiver. I through maybe my wife had damaged the connector when she moved it. I put on a new connector and have the same problems. Bell wants to charge me $75 to send someone out to the house.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what I can do. Is is possible my receiver has gone funny? I have 1 more month of warranty left as I bought it last year on boxing day.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Do a check switch test, and save the results.If theres a problem, the results will help identify it.

·
Super Moderator
56,505 Posts
Swap the receivers and see if the 9242 loses 82 and if the 6131 sees 82. If that happens, then the problem is not with the receiver.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
You say the receiver has been moved.? How did you move it, did you extend the cable using an F81 (barrel connector) or are you using a splitter.?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Switched out the receivers. The 6131 will receive 82 hooked up to the connections for the 9242 while the 9242 would not pick up 82 in the room where the 6131 was. So there does seem to be a problem with the cable in that room.

The cable is the same that the Bell installer installed it is not coupled with any other coax, there is no splitter. When this problem did first arise I did put a new connector on the coax as I thought maybe something happened to it. Is it possible that something has shorted out in my switch that would cause 82 not to be mixed on one line out?

·
Registered
520 Posts
How many receivers do you have in total? maybe that line was only getting 91 to begin with? you'll probably need another multiswitch and SW44.

You might have a multiswitch feeding two lines two your SW44 and two other receiver locations (for SD only).

In this case, you're better off paying for the service call.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have 4 lines feeding 3 receivers. 1 SD receiver and 2 HD (1 Dual Tuner 9242).

I have never touched the switch since the installer left, the line into the 6131 was able to see 82 previously. It is still the same direct cable from the switch to the receiver. It stopped working when my wife disconnected the receiver that's why I wonder if she could have somehow shorted the switch.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
It sounds to me like you have an SW44 switch, therefore you have a spare port on the switch, try swapping the 6131 onto that port, see if it helps. If not, I would double check the connector, for a strand of braid causing a short.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts