Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
You'd connect it via the composite video (yellow) and stereo audio (red & white) output RCA connectors off the rear of the 605.

I hope this is helpful ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes that make sense to me thank you... but I have one other question there is 1 set of red,white,yellow and i have that hooked up to my other TV now the other ones are red green blue can i hook up those ones to the VCR?

·
Registered
709 Posts
yes that make sense to me thank you... but I have one other question there is 1 set of red,white,yellow and i have that hooked up to my other TV now the other ones are red green blue can i hook up those ones to the VCR?
It's should be easier to hook those to your TV instead. Most VCRs don't accept component inputs (R/G/B) but most newer TVs will. Your Audio would then have to be the optical connection. (Lots of TVs don't have this option.)

If your TV has an HDMI connection you should use it as that connection carries both Audio and Video signals.

If you don't have the right mix of inputs to your TV you may have to purchase a small box to convert the R/G/B output of the 605 into something your TV can use. Please advise what model is your TV, and what inputs it has.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
right know my Y/R/W are connected to my TV in my bedroom works good,
I have a new 46" in living room and want to hook up VCR to record shows,
but the new 605 dose not have TV out on the back that's were I'm stuck,
my older 315 has the TV out and goes to my VCR TV antenna in and from VCR antenna out to my TV then I could tape what I was watching.

·
Registered
709 Posts
right know my Y/R/W are connected to my TV in my bedroom works good,
I have a new 46" in living room and want to hook up VCR to record shows,
but the new 605 dose not have TV out on the back that's were I'm stuck,
my older 315 has the TV out and goes to my VCR TV antenna in and from VCR antenna out to my TV then I could tape what I was watching.
Duke,

So my understanding is you want to connect 3 devices in 2 rooms to the outputs of a single 605. I assume you use the HDMI for the 46 inch TV but you don't say this. (It's hard to figure stuff out without the details :rolleyes:) I assume you want unattended recordings sometimes from the VCR. If you really just want to record what you are watching, simply use the analog outputs of the TV to feed the VCR. (composite or component)

Assuming you want somewhat unattended recording capability, and if you have an optical input for the 46" TV, use that and the component cables to feed it. Leave the bedroom TV connected to the composite outputs. Then you'd have to purchase an HDMI convertor to connect up the VCR via the HDMI output of the 605. (composite or component)

I see no other way around it other than buying another reciever, or using your (obsolete) legacy 315 as a feed to the VCR, or use it as an independent set top box for the bedroom. (Using the bedroom composite feeds for the VCR) Beware of some convertors as HDCP protected material won't go through them (defeating your intent to record that material).

You obviously could have avoided all of this by purchasing the 630 to record TV (in HD too!):cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes I want to connect 3 devices from 605 sorry... but ya I have HDMI from 605 to 46" tv and the Y/R/W to other tv... sorry for not explaining it in more
detail.... but ya I want unattended recordings from vcr, 46 has optical out put.... but the vcr is very old witch only has rca and coaxial. I will try with the anolog out to vcr.
Thank you for your help much apperciate it

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
yes I want to connect 3 devices from 605
And that is the downside of the 605/630, no coax/one less composite.

One solution would be to place the VCR "in-line" with the second TV via R/W/Y in to VCR and R/W/Y out to second TV, meaning you could only watch tapes on the second TV.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone for your help but I figured it out
what I did was buy 3 y splitters for the RCA jacks and hooked them to the back of the 605 the one set of RCA jacks going to TV in the bedroom
and the other set going to VCR in and from VCR out to TV in living room
now I can record unattended shows :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts