Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My remote died last night. When I checked the batteries they were quite low but not dead. However when I replaced them with fresh batteries - no life in the remote. Is there any kind of a reset trick that needs to be done with it, or is off to the warranty run around?

Thanks,

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Press the menu button on ther receiver
Select System Setup with the arrows
Select Instalation Option
Select System Info option and note the Remote Address shown in this menu

On the remote.....
Press and hold the "SAT" button for about 3 seconds, until all the mode button backlights come on, then release the SAT button
Using the number pad, enter a number between 1 and 15. (the number that matches the System info menu)
Press the pound button (#) , the mode buttons will flash 3 times if everything went fine.

Let me know if that didn't work.. There's more steps that I don't think you need that I skipped!

·
Banned
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, but I can't get any buttons to lite up on the remote when I press the power button, or when I press and hold the SAT button.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Are you sure the batteries are really good and in properly?? When you hit any mode does its lite lite? Put your old batteries back in to see if you get lites.

·
Banned
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got a battery tester and checked the original batteries. They are not good but not dead. I've tried about three different sets which test perfecty including a brand new set, no lites or sign of life on the remote.

Interestingly the remote from our 3100 seems to work on the 6000 receiver. The only button that seems to be different is the SD/HD.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The only other thing I can suggest is a stuck button on the pad someplace. Good luck. Oh yeah a question about the 3100 remote... are you not using the RF ...tiny antennae on rear of 6000?

·
Banned
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I've had the stuck button before, and that does not seem to be the case this time.

Real hard to check for the RF, but I have a recollection of installing the antenna. I also think (but can't check now) that the 6000 remote does not have to be pointed at the receiver to work. It seems the receiver can accept either one??

·
Registered
505 Posts
discoboy1 said:
How do I change the code of the receiver?
By this, if you mean how to change the address of the remote to the set top box, try this:

1) Bring up "Sys Info" screen.
2) Hold "SAT" button on remote for several seconds until all indicators light up.
3) Enter whatever # you want (choose any # 1 thru 9), "SAT" indicator will stay on.
4) Press # ..."SAT" indicator will blink.
5) Press "Record" button.

Remote address in "Sys Info" will update to reflect number you entered

1 - 12 of 12 Posts