·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate your input, but I bollixed it. I got frustrated and deleted all of the timers and put them back in. I have a spreadsheet that I use to keep track of the 55 timer events. I really hate this DST business.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
On our 605 the timers for every week get weird after a time change. When I look at the reminders the left hand side has one time but the right hand side has another. They would record okay at the new time but yesterday I wanted to add a new one after one I already had and it wouldn't take because half of the Shaw software thought I was trying to put two shows at the same time. :) So I deleted all the timers and made them new. We only have four so not so bad! But its weird how the software on the 605 gets so confused.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I'm with Bell Satellite, however I am wondering why you feel it's necessary to have so many "manual" timers?

I have about 85-90 regular timers at any given time...but zero manual timers.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VCR-Like receiver - 55 Timers

dm_4u, our receiver is not a DVR. It does not provide for picking shows from a guide. It is like a VCR. It has no "smarts".

We have a timer for every show we like on each day of the week. We are an old couple. Don't sleep well so we listen to news shows on our table radio every night at almost all hours via an FM transmitter connected to our HDDSR600. Usually it puts us back to sleep and then later in the night when we awaken again, we hear the next news show. It's great to be old. Something for you to look forward to.

Especially Canadian news shows repeat themselves every half hour so the timer switches channels to another news channel: CTV, CBC, BBC, MSNBC and CNN.

We like Rachel Maddow, Laurence O'Donnell, Brian Williams, and Chris Cuomo. Their shows repeat thru the night. By example, if we miss the 11PM Brian Williams, it will repeat at 2AM and 4AM.

The Weekday timer setting only works between 12AM and 11:59PM. Shows starting Saturday night and repeat on Sunday morning does not work with Weekday times. The week-ends and Monday morning is wacky for timers.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
RuralRouter that is interesting,we have a 605 and we can pick shows from the guide and they will automatically go to that channel at the right time. Or do you mean you can pick shows one time but not if you want the same one every week? Those we have to do manually.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The REMINDERS on my 600 don't work for my use - gotta be manual timers that change channels without any further action on my part. Maybe your 605, with its "future use" eSaTA port for an external drive has the same software as a 630 PVR ??

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Autotune from the guide on the 600 and 605 works but only for a single event. If you want recurring weekly or daily tuning you have to use the manual timers. If you do a search for a Shaw Direct user manual it also explains the difference. I believe Shaw Direct only publishes the 800/830 guide online but the 800 has the same autotune limitation.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Lonsat if you are talking to me I know that. That's why we use manual timers for every week shows. I was responding to RR who said they can't pick from the guide at all. Also they use reminders; we don't use those we use autotunes, either from the guide for one time or manual for every week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts