Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Channels: 1256, 1254, 1253, 1603, 1629 & 1721 loose sound and have a bit of pixulation. I get this problem almost exactly every 3 seconds constantly. I called bell, after having me check everything I know to check... They say I have a bad cable. I had already disconnected every connection cleaned and reinstalled all connectors. I'd believe the bad cable if the problem was only on one of the tuners in the unit, as each unit uses a different cable. For both cables to go bad at the same time seems odd.

When on PIP with two of the offending channels up, they both drop at the exact same time on the two different internal tuners. I have the same problem when something has been recorded and then played back.

I'm thinking it's a problem with the receiver or the 82 head? Any thoughts? I just don't want to restring a bunch of cable when I have my doubts as to it being the cause.

For reference I'm getting 95-100% signal strength on 82 for 21,22,23 etc. I check all of them lowest is 90 or so. Checked switches also, all tests come back good.

I did a search in the forms but I didn't see anything along these lines, but I wasn't really sure what to search for. I apologize if I'm asking a question that has been covered already.

Regards,

Colin.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Well before you start replacing cables, why not start by replacing the connectors.? Then try swapping over the 91 & 82 LNBF's.

You do not say what kind of switch you have, this could be the problem, if you have an SW44, check all the connections at the Power Inserter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure the model numbers, but I just have the two small non-powered switches. The coax connectors on the one are slightly loose now. I'll try replacing the connectors and switching the heads tonight. Who sells new switches?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Swapped heads, problem is gone. Guess the "problem" head is ok for SD channels.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Cool, glad it is fixed for now.....lol

The switch's you have are SW21's and the 'heads' are LNBF's...... Just as an FYI......lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts