Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just turned on my PVR 5900 and was prompted to download new firmware.

Does anyone know what the purpose of the new version is? The previous one, as I understand it, was to correct some issues with creating timers.

As always, I am leery of downloading new firmware until I know what changes will be made and, more importantly, what glitches may come with the firmware, if any.

Has anyone downloaded the new version yet, and if so, what changes have you noticed?

Were there any complications such as loss of timer(s) or recorded program(s) after the download.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Problem with E667? on 5100 (5800, 5900)

I had no problems with my 5100 PVR until firmware E667.
I first noticed it would skip forward if I paused it, then when I started watching a program again, sometimes only a few minutes other times 30 minutes, and it would appear that 30 mins was completely missing. Then all rewinding ability was lost, no skip back, no pausing.
When I checked my PVR menu it showed zero time available, I know had several hours of recording available. I then erased over 3 hours of programming to gain that functionality back with just 1 hour avail for recording. When I added up the recordings I still had on the PVR it was just over 8 hours! It (the new software) appears to have destroyed the FAT on the hard drive that I hope a Formatting will resolve.
The software also appears to messed up the switch settings as it showed 91 X and 82 X, and I am a fanatic when it comes to doing a check switch any time I install or move a receiver.
Has anyone else had something similar happen?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I noticed that timers created before daylight savings had some of them run at the wrong time or not at all when the switch happened. I had to recreate them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts