Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 5085w has a few tiny smudge marks on the bottom left and right side of the screen.They sometimes go away once the set is warmed up but then again sometimes not.They seem to only be visible when their is a light coloured background anyone had this problem with the same set?I read that this is quite common with the 60+ inch displays from Samsung.Its not in your face all the time I have to look for them but once I see them it drives me nuts.What exactly are theses marks they do not rub off once I clean the screen. :mad:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Mine has the same. They come and go but I find they DO rub off. When I wipe the screen I can hear a little crackle so it's like there's moisture that's sticking two panes of glass (or whatever it is) together and rubbing it unsticks them. Sometimes they're small and sometimes they're huge.

I've also read that crud on the lense can cause these marks but they usually are a constant shape and size if that's the case.

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Robobob do you get them all the time?Last night for example couldn't see any which was great because I look for them now when I first start watching.It must be a temperature related thing.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hi Scobro. I do get them quite often. So often in fact that I now give the screen a wipe every time before I turn in on. In the avs forum lots of people have had the screen replaced. It made a difference for some and not others. Apparently we've got a two piece screen that sticks together due to temperature or static (there's some debate) and you can get it replaced with a one piece screen.

It doesn't bother me that much (for now) so I'm just going to live with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm noticing the same problem with my HL-R4246W. The first one I had was pretty noticiable, the "smudges" or light grayish "clouds" were streaking through the top and bottom of the screen, I could really see it during light backgrounds. I went on and exchanged it at Futureshop and the new one is not as bad, only a few on top. But it really bugs me to have it there, it looks like little clouds and dirt spots. I contacted Samsung and they said it needs to be serviced and to do that you need to fill out this form on their website so I did before the holidays and I'm still waiting for them to call back. Hopefully things will work out and the smudges will go away! Other than that the picture looks killer!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts