764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the 505 to 605 trade in is now in effect for 49.99
just call and ask the clients retention dept i just did and got a 605 for 49.99

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Bah... figures it happens the same day I cancel my services. :(

Funny that the client retentions girl didn't meantion it at the time... maybe I pushed them over the edge? ;)

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@stanleyarsog : yes but they send you an empty box aswell as a pre adressed sticker
2bluereef if you have relatives in canada cancel your programming and send them your receiver
@bigoranget : i don't know but the guy i talked to told me that they just started to offer the trade in my opinion if they want to put more channels they have no choice to do so

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hmm. I have been recently thinking about getting the 605 to replace my 505. You say you got it for $49.99 what about shipping etc..what is the full cost to you. Do they just add it to your bill or do you have to pay separately.? ie credit card. I may try calling to see if I can get this deal. I have been a client for about 12 yrs now and have never had any issues with old ST or new SD.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm. I have been recently thinking about getting the 605 to replace my 505. You say you got it for $49.99 what about shipping etc..what is the full cost to you. Do they just add it to your bill or do you have to pay separately.? ie credit card. I may try calling to see if I can get this deal. I have been a client for about 12 yrs now and have never had any issues with old ST or new SD.
Thanks for the info.
49.99 for the receiver
+ 13 $ for shipping ( but u guys may catch someone who will ship it freely as i did)
it's billed on the bill so you don't have to pay upfront

·
Registered
60 Posts
New customers in Windsor Ontario got a much better deal via door to door reps last week. My cousin got a 605 +209 + install for free.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New customers in Windsor Ontario got a much better deal via door to door reps last week. My cousin got a 605 +209 + install for free.
209 $ is almost full price i wouldnt call it a deal

·
Registered
138 Posts
The "209" is a standard definition receiver (DSR209), not the price. This person got two receivers plus install for free. That IS a great deal!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, just got off the phone with Customer Relations and got the deal $49 + $13 shipping to trade up to a 605. No issues. They did mention that this has not yet been made public so I should not be telling anyone.. so I'm not..:D.. the $13 covers shipping both ways. They did ask for my C Card but I said I would prefer this go onto my monthly bill, no issue with that either. Thanks Gretzky for the info.

·
Registered
436 Posts
While I do have a 505 I also have a 500 that I still use. I wonder if they will allow me to trade both in using this deal?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, just got off the phone with Customer Relations and got the deal $49 + $13 shipping to trade up to a 605. No issues. They did mention that this has not yet been made public so I should not be telling anyone.. so I'm not.... the $13 covers shipping both ways. They did ask for my C Card but I said I would prefer this go onto my monthly bill, no issue with that either. Thanks Gretzky for the info.
I haven't said a word to anyone
i just wrote it :p

·
Read Only
629 Posts
Is the 605 really worth the $50 extra? I have no issues with my 505s and if its just for the 14 day guide, i rarely use that anyways. Now if there was a trade in for a 630 thats different as i dont have a PVR and with UBB coming in a few days this would really help.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
It will be worth it at least when they start going to MPEG4, or enable "plug in DVR". Today there is no user benefit to a 605 apart from the guide.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Me too

I got the deal, but they insisted on charging it to my C.C. It only applies to long term customers in good standing, so if you are a late payer you won't get the deal.
The rep tried to tell me that the HDMI cable that comes in the box is worth $150!! lol. Walmart $10.
My major issue for the swap was the HDMI switching problem with the DVI. The guy insisted I will have no problems connecting through my Sony STR700 receiver.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got the deal x 2 !

One upgrade 505 to 605 and also one upgrade 207 to 605.

Now I need to find a bedroom HD tv.

They do a $199 bill charge x 2 and a $150 bill credit x 2

Hope the 605's work out OK.

dns2

·
Registered
93 Posts
No offer for me

I called Monday night but was told there was no such offer. I have only been with SD since August. I had wanted to wait until the 605 was out but they convinced me to take a 505 for $49. The reason I want the 605 is simply for space.

What magic words do I have to say to get this offer?

1 - 20 of 98 Posts