Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older 505 with the quad lnb, all of a sudden it won't tune in sd channels only the HD ones. I'm stuck on acquiring sat signal, any thoughts?

·
Registered
520 Posts
are you getting CTV HD? what about French SD channels or NFL-N? If you answered no to the first question and yes to the second, then I suspect you have a bad output in your LNB. I had similar problem as you a few months ago, and I had to swap to an unused output on my multiswitch.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Ctv HD, french works. I switched to a different output on the lnb, but same thing. I don't have a multi switch, just one coax from the receiver to the lnb.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Have a look at your LNB. If it's an old one, maybe the white plastic cover has cracked & come off letting rain into the LNB.

I've seen several like this.

·
Registered
520 Posts
i strongly suspect that at this point you have a bad cable and/or connector so the tone is not getting from your receiver to the LNB. the tone is what signals the LNB to switch satellites. When I had similar problem in the past, I took my receiver and a small tv outside and hooked a short rg6 from the dish to the receiver. this way i confirmed that there were no flaws in my dish or receiver. I replaced the bad cable run, and everything worked properly.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Christpuncher, where are you located? Even 92% seems a bit low for channel 700. You should be getting your strongest signal with this channel. What is your Ecb/No. for this channel? I would say your dish is out of alignment.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
So I would gather then your dish needs alignment. I'm not to far from you and get like 98% and Ecb/No of 10.6. So your dish is not seeing F1 properly if your getting no signal on 299.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just has the same problem after replacing my dish. I could get HD channels and channel 700, but had no signal on 299. Shaw had to change what I think was a "V" code, and we knew it was changed when the network data status (line F of system status) changed, it now reads 500-4326. I think before it read something like 500-5352....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts