Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is including the cost of e911 and the premium routing option on our line. We're not huge phone users but we do have relatives/friends that we talk to regularly. So, we've got 5 months of service for half the price of one month of Robbers. Incidentally, I had to call Rogers again this week to try to convince them to send a cheque for the $45 they've owed me since October. So glad to be rid of them.

·
Registered
390 Posts
May I ask how you find the quality with voip.ms?

I've been thinking to switch, but the e911 and quality issues leave questions for me.

Do you experience echo/dropped calls etc? I know when I was with Vonage, there would be times where I can hear them but they can't hear me/vice versa.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
cambo, that 100 page VoiP.ms thread is worth investigating if you want hands on feedback of their service.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Hi Cambo,

Echo and dropped calls are (obviously) unacceptable. While there are certain technical issues that could cause such symptoms, they are correctable, and such issues do not occur with equipment that is working properly. The difference of what we call "BYOD" VoIP however is that you need to solve such a problem yourself. We'll be delighted to offer you advice, as will VoIP.ms support, but they won't be able to "roll a truck" and send a technician to your home to help you. If that's okay with you in exchange for some massive savings, welcome to the VoIP.ms family :)

Did you have a question about e911 as well? If you have any other questions about how to get started and/or what equipment you need, feel free to ask.

m.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I'm still trying out Voip.ms while maintaining our Primus TBB account. First month so far has cost us a little under 3$. I had to change the settings from Value to Premium because quality of calls were completely random. We'd have calls that were of fine quality and then some where we couldn't understand the caller. Audio was breaking in an out even when all computers in the house were off.

So far, we're loving the low cost. I'm giving it another month before I make a decision.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts