Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did check the FAQ but could not find an answer to my challenge.

I have a Rogers Explorer 3250HD cable box and a Pioneer VSX-D812 Receiver.
I am having difficulty setting up the 5.1 Surround Sound. The cable box has a coaxial digital audio output but the receiver only has a optical digital audio
input for a satellite tuner. The receiver will accept a coaxial digital audio input from a DVD player. Can I use this to get 5.1 surround sound from the Rogers box?

·
Super Moderator
56,509 Posts
On the AVR you can use whatever input you like (optical or coaxial). You can usually "assign" these inputs to any device you like and you can often rename the inputs as well. This is probably discussed in the operating manual for the AVR under something like "user menu setup".

If you wish to not assign or rename, you can simply connect to the "DVD" input and remember that it's for the Rogers STB, assuming you don't have a DVD player.

In other words, the inputs on the back are simply "preassigned", but you can reassign most digital audio inputs. Your post was moved to the AVR forum since it really has nothing to do with Rogers.

Check out the following post, useful for those new to the forum - FAQs, Search Tips, Optimization:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57741

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the 3250HD (which I no longer have) had both optical and coaxial audio outputs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts