241 - 252 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
7,360 Posts

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Black Friday deals:
I picked up three Dell B1160w wireless laser printers for gifts at Staples for $29.99 less the 25% off coupon they had emailed me = $22.49 each. :p

Sure, they only come with the 700 page toner starter cartridge, but that's still only 3 cents a page for toner and machine, heh. Cartridges from Dell are about $60, but refill kits with toner and the reset chip are available for it for $26. Beats fighting with dried ink anyway, heh.

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
FWIW: Variable SYmbols aren't even MENTIONED in either NEC2.doc or NEC2 Part III User's Guide or even the NEC4 Part I User's Guide....so I don't have any clues.....
Yep, I believe SYmbols are unique to Arie's 4nec2 (and k6sti's AO, where I believe Arie got the idea from IIRC). Have to post over there.

·
Registered
7,360 Posts

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Could you repost the code for -xy-plane, Im getting parser errors on it and cant really see why.

So all your trying to do is turn the two 4 bay antennas from facing east and south to facing south and west ?

Hooking up two antennas facing 90 degrees apart, to one coax downlead, is going to cancel out gain from both antennas.

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Im not quite sure what youre trying to do, but it does look like you have the coordinates messed up in the SM/SC cards in the -xy plane model, which is very easy to do.
Follow the right hand rule here:
http://www.antennex.com/w4rnl/col0406/amod98.html

and it helps to draw out the grids on a piece of graph paper.

Personally, if I were to experiment on that type of model and scenario, I would use 4nec2s Geometry Edit and quickly draw up a wire grid plus the dipoles. Then its just a simple matter of copy/paste and rotate and position to any configuration I want.
Using a wire grid instead of the SM/SC cards will take longer computation time, but with a speedy cpu, not that long for each run, and its much easier to keep the mind straight and saves on aspirin too, heh.

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
Can we design micro strip antenna or similar antennas in 4nec2. ? can we approximate such type of antennas in 4nec2. ?
Youll have to draw up the panels and holes in 3D, similar to the way holl_ands drew up the fat dipoles above. Use less than 1/10th wavelength lines in any direction to simulate a solid sheet.

·
Registered
7,360 Posts
It looks like you only need 4nec2.ini in the C\4nec2 directory, so you don't have to do a complete reinstall. But you may as well install the latest version of 4nec2 anyway.

241 - 252 of 252 Posts