Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am having trouble receiving fta video or audio. I have a c, ku, colarotor with a 4dtv gi-900. I can receive c-span on c3-7. The pbs nebraska channels on t4 601 quit. I did the 2 splitter set up and the 4x1 diseqc to a Sonic view 360. When scanning the sonicview, failure appears on all the satellites. The splitters are voltage pass through on both sides. The setting for the diseqc switch is a ?. The dish is a 7.5ft. orbitron. Help

·
Registered
478 Posts
Is your sonicview slaved to the 4DTV or is it attached to a stationary mini Ku dish? That's really one of the only reasons for that 4X1.

I think the Sonicview has an antenna pass through. So, to see if it works, run the main line to the sonicview, use the passthrough to your 4DTV Sat input. The 4dtv then moves the dish for the Sonicview.

Pictures would be helpful...

·
Registered
928 Posts
Never use a regular splitters, it must be one port power pass only, like this one http://www.rpssat.com/?id=306

Second, what do you have? a 4dtv, with a GI-900 and a Sonicview?

If you have just the 4d and Sonicview you split the c and then the ku, the live line to the 4d the dead one to the Switch.

The switch you set depending one what port you are using for c-band and ku-band, if port 1 is c then select port 1 for the switch, for ku use select the port for whatever one you end up using. Also make sure your lnb settings are ok before you scan.
Good luck!

·
Banned
1,190 Posts
Also, keep in mind that with a polarotor feedhorn, you will have to use your GI-900 to switch polarity every time you tune from a horizontal to a vertical channel and vice-versa. To make this easier, you can tune in to an analog channel on the satellite you are trying to receive FTA channels on. If you don't get signal on FTA and you are on an even numbered analog channel, simply tune in to an odd numbered channel and the signal should come in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4dtv sonicview

The 4dtv,fta setup with the proper splitters,ie power pass on on leg,etc, as describded by sadoun site didn,t work. I suspect signal loss from the splitters. I installed a separate motorized fta dish for use with the sonicview. My question now is do i need a new tv as i have a Quazar ,94 analog. I have a converter box for rooftop antenna conversion. Do the fta receivers convert to analog, as do direct and dish receivers?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I just did the same install with my DVB receiver and the thing I don't get is by using a "single passive port" splitter wouldn't the DC current be passing back onto the non-diode side port which is connected to your DVB receiver and also since the DVB receiver also has a LNB power wouldn't the DC current not be blocked from going back in the DVB receiver and be supplying the LNBs current in parallel if both the DSR and DVB units are turned on ?

I am currently using a 2 port DC passive splitter which seems to be working fine.

Skyvision has some good diagrams for DVB to DSR connections
http://www.skyvision.com/pages/information_center/mpeg_pdf.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts