Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOT NEW JUST SELDOM POST have been a member since 2013 as Soroco but had trouble with sign in so rejoined as Elkson Have built many of your ideas in the last 6 years with varying success Have just finished a 4 bay bow tie (M4) with a holey reflector 1x2 cut to back each 10 inch whisker the vacant space saved 1# The channels I receive 22 always 5, 17 often 2, 20, 30, occasionally 28, 39 heavy Tropo only. Thinking of putting a stealth hawk loop on top so when I sight antenna I will still receive 22 What do you think. 10 miles south of Sparta TN 38583 My tropo is black or purple from now to Sunday, I know TVFOOL says location is hopeless but the proof is in the watching.

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
The channels I receive 22 always 5, 17 often 2, 20, 30, occasionally 28, 39 heavy Tropo only. Thinking of putting a stealth hawk loop on top so when I sight antenna I will still receive 22 What do you think. 10 miles south of Sparta TN 38583 My tropo is black or purple from now to Sunday, I know TVFOOL says location is hopeless but the proof is in the watching.
You haven't posted a TVFool report yet, but a report based on an estimate (guess) of your location looks like this:
TV Fool

A report for the same estimated location from rabbitears.info looks like this:
https://www.rabbitears.info/searchmap.php?request=result&study_id=12306

RabbitEars says WWWB is off the air:
https://www.rabbitears.info/market.php?request=station_search&callsign=WWWB

Signal reports for weak signals can be very wrong. But, as you said, the tuner decides if the signal is good enough to be received at any particular time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The antenna works but not as well as the Yagi a 20% loss of signal and will only pickup 22. Same location same height 30 mins to exchange. I gave you the general area for you use I have had an icon with my location on my computer for the last 6 years every time I exchange antennas I check for changes. The repack did not change anything here. Rotor has stopped working think I'll buy a 20 dollar lava style and mount my Yagi on top of it if it takes to long for me to repair it. My Yagi has a 14" folded dipole with 8 directors with boom mounted 1/16" above top and feed points 1/4" from end of boom.

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
The antenna works but not as well as the Yagi a 20% loss of signal and will only pickup 22. Same location same height 30 mins to exchange.
So, the Yagi beats the 4-Bay; that's interesting.
I gave you the general area for you use I have had an icon with my location on my computer for the last 6 years every time I exchange antennas I check for changes.
Well, you know what a signal report for your location looks like, but I don't.
The repack did not change anything here.
If you look at the righthand Repack Info column of the rabbitears report, you will see a lot of Repack changes.
My Yagi has a 14" folded dipole with 8 directors with boom mounted 1/16" above top and feed points 1/4" from end of boom.
No reflector? Did you build the Yagi or buy it? Can you show us a photo of the Yagi?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the reflector is 1x2" mash it is 11"hx10"w 5 above 5 below. homemade. cutting board insulators. Thinking of adding vhfhi on backside to see if I can pickup 9,12 and 13 from Chattannoga look on 285 and hickory valley rd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts