Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a DSR401 receiver and would would like to be able to watch NHL Center Ice on it. My HD receiver gets Center Ice crystal clear but the channels are not even available on the 401.

I have done some reading on this and realize that I will need a 22khz tone generator to make this happen. I am assuming that they are not difficult to install.

Is there a specific type that I will require? Does anyone know where these can be purchased?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

When I spoke to tech support they informed me that none of the 400 series receivers can catch the second satellite without the tone generator. My guide skips all of the channels between 466 and 500.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Your 401 (if it is a 401, should say "navigo" on the label), just needs the V-code for dual sat. My 421Cs are set that way, but no tone generator nor capability for them.

·
Super Moderator
4,480 Posts
A used basic receiver off kijiji will most likely cost less than the tone generator.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will call tech support and get them to change my v-code. Hope it works. Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got in touch with tech support and got them to adjust my v-code. All channels up and running. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey jsivak!

I think you actually spoke to me today to change your V-Codes!
Glad it help! I got curious when you said you searched around on the web and found this website at the top! Crazy coincidence! Hopefully you won't have anymore issues with that. If not, call us back!

Sebastien, go habs go :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts