Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a retailer that sells 2+ to <5 megapixel cameras from a few years ago? There used to be a glut of them but they've all disappeared with the advent of the 7MP+ versions.

Want to buy a couple as entry-level for my kids.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,128 Posts
I think the norm is now 12-14MP. There is no reason to avoid these models if they offer what you want and at the price you want to pay. Just drop the resolution back in-camera.

But any time I have look online I have been able to find older gear. Look in the clearance sections. The Source usually is behind everyone else so their clearance is vintage sometimes. ;)

I see a 7MP PANASONIC LUMIX DMCTZA going for a good price.

If you have a girl they also have a pink 7MP CASIO EX-Z77PK for less than $100.

Since these are kids get a camera that has a reasonable lens. Those pin-hole cameras are almost useless inside.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Anyone know a retailer that sells 2+ to <5 megapixel cameras from a few years ago?
I don't think such an animal exists anymore. Almost like a car without AM-FM radio. You can get el-cheapo basic point+shoot cameras for under $50, even with a ton of pixels. Is there any specific reason you want to avoid megapixels?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No significant reason other than the premise that lower res would be lower price. Kids will drop their cameras a few times so I don't want to outlay too much $'s just to get them familiar with cameras.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts